Bullit pedals

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Just got mine from latemodelresto. How the hell do these things go on? The brake pedal looks like it slips over the stock brake pedal. Rest i'm lost.. Kinda shot, 2 final papers, studying for finals.. so bare with me.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I forget how to install them, but I remember having no difficulties with them.

If I was home I'd go check to see how they are attached.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
never understood the attraction to those pedal style(just not my thang), let alone the how hard it is to get on.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
never understood the attraction to those pedal style(just not my thang), let alone the how hard it is to get on.

I know there's very few of us but I'm with ya.

I actually love my stock black pedals. I don't want them to stand out and I have perfect grip on them. It never crossed my mind to replace them.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
It's a pain in the ass last I heard.

Easiest way to get them off/on is to heat them or boil.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-278/480841-bullitt-pedal-install-sn95-how.html

Thanks
Remove the old pads, and slip these on. Some people say using soapy water helps. I boiled mine.

In fact, I made this thread

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?46160-Bullitt-Pedals-Install
thank you sir
I was drawn to them after first seeing them. Never really liked the look of the stock pedals. I have nothing in my interior thats aftermarket besides my shifter, radio and blue led dome light. I don't like all the billet stuff, looks good just isn't my thing. So I just wanted to spruce the interior up a little, and shit for $20 on sale can't really beat it.
I know there's very few of us but I'm with ya.

I actually love my stock black pedals. I don't want them to stand out and I have perfect grip on them. It never crossed my mind to replace them.

I never liked the stock pedals, just too blah. And i didn't do anything to dress up my interior at all, so the pedals should add a nice subtle touch.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I put some different pedals on them just because after I replaced the carpet they looked like hell. I don't love the ones I have now either but I still like this better then the old stockers and way better then the bullits. They just don't go with anything else inside the car and I am not sayin you have to match your shoes too your belt all day long but they just look like someone was ordered to make some pedals so they would be a different then the stock pedals, and well he did...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think eventually I will be making my own somehow. Not sure how I will make them or what they will look like but I m sure I can make something smoother then the bullets. Might take some time but its on my list..

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
They suck. Mine lasted about three months then the it started to tear around the corner now they slip off all the time. .

Caboose302

Reaction score

I can understand how people might not like them. I like mine for the added grip. I wear boots a lot and when it rained, my boots would slip off constantly. Less so with these.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They suck. Mine lasted about three months then the it started to tear around the corner now they slip off all the time. .

I heard that was fairly common too. Damn I need to design some really kick-ass pedals to sell here...

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
whatever everyone else said as far as install.

I have ripped some of them off like 3 times now. They havnt come off in a long time now, I think I glued them on last time lol. Honestly they can suck it. Your shoes get wet, they are worse than stock with slipping. I want a damn metal set

Mustanger

Reaction score
Love the Mach1 Bullitt pedals...catches your eyes when you first open the door...rubber pedals look black, lol...I heated mine up with my wife's hair drier & I used soapy water & it STILL was a real pain to get them on. but they have lasted for years now...still looking good.

JFYI...Roush makes all metal ones look pretty nice but I think they would be WORSE with wet boots/shoes..?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Well i got the dead pedal on and the brake pedal. what a pain in my ass, i used soapy water on the brake pedal it went on eventually. the stock dead pedal was a mother****er, that thing was on there so hard it wasn't even funny. now on to the gas pedal.. the stock pin that holds the gas pedal goes through the new pedal, but it won't go all the way through the gas pedal (arm? don't shoot me idk wtf its called lol). any tips?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the pedals I got are mainly metal and I have not had an issue but then I don't get them wet much. The bullits do catch your eye when you get in but for me its for all the wrong reasons. They stick out so bad just because there is nothing else in the car that it matches or flows with in the car or outside of it. I saw the roush pedals and yea they are cool but I am also just not bit on raw billet pieces on the interior again because they just seem too stick out so bad. I want to like the billet pieces but it just seems like as soon as they are on a dash it just looks like they are trying too hard.