bullitt intake??

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by 97stanger, Jan 4, 2007.

1. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

I was debating on which intake to get for my 97 GT...

it currently has full bolt ons, auto, and am putting on a SQ trim mongoose kit

I asked MPH which intake they thought was the best and they said the bullitt intake is the best intake for boost'd applications

Now, i didn't mention that i have non pi heads, does this matter??

also, does anybody know a site that sells the bullitt intake manifold? Will i need to change anything else considering i still have the non pi heads?? price of the intake??

just general feedback on this intake please?? thanks guys

2. 96sohc

96sohc Active Member

There is alot more to it than just simply swapping intakes; you need a new alternator, alternator bracket, throttle body (and all the other air intake components) and possibly new fuel rails, but I'm probably also forgetting some things.
    The Intake itself can be rather expensive, usually around $800 is what I've seen; and I don't know of any places that just outright sell the manifold, so your best bet would be to get one used.
    As far as the NPI heads are concerned, I would imagine it'd be the same thing with swapping on a PI intake; but I'm absolutely guessing here.

Have you considered any of the SVO components?

3. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

The intake and install kit will run you a few bucks more then a PI...like $1300...you can have a Bullit Intake port matched to NPI heads...I know someone who has it done. His heads are ported heavily from Renegade Racing though.

4. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

I know you said you just wanted feedback on the bullit but i have to tell you that its not the best for f/i. Reichard Racing 4.6 intake is the best there is. And trickflow is coming out with one in the spring.

5. 96sohc

96sohc Active Member

While the Bullit is not the "be all end all" intake manifold, I'm sure it is better for his specific application than a RR intake; not to mention how expensive the Reichard manifold is.

6. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

yeah i decided to just do a PI intake swap, there is no way i am spending that kind of money for just 10-15more rwhp...

7. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

I know its bucks (like 1400) But if your gonna f/i it is the best

8. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

i just can't see spending close to $1000 more for 15 more hp over a PI intake swap...??? if that??

9. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

I dont blame you it is alot of money. I see your in jersey who does your tunes?

10. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

i go to Outrageous Mustangs...they used to be in jackson but now are moving in Lakewood.

11. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

Im thinking of going there. Right now i go to Wicked Motorsports in Brick. I went to see Dwayne when i blew my headgasket and he wanted 1800 bucks to fix it. Kevein at wicked did it for 900.

12. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

wow...call their new location in blackwood and ask for mike...im getting a pretty good deal for my install/dyno tune. Theyre new shop is extremely nice too!

13. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

I talked to mike he wants 700 bucks for tune. Sounds a little steep no? Its 500 for the tune and 200 for room on his laptop or somthing like that.

14. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

hmmm...that does seem high. Thats wierd that they would charge you that much for a head gasket though when theyre charging me close to the same amount for a s/c install plus a dyno tune...keep looking around, maybe you can find better prices...i honestly wouldn't mind paying the price though because they are probably the best mustang shop for our year cars in the area...you know you get what your paying for, and a tune is very important

15. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

Yea i know they are. Im definetly going there. There numbers off the dyno will be exact. Ive been modin a long time and i know ya def get what ya pay for. What s/c did you get?

16. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

i have a Mongoose Kit Vortech SQ trim with a MPH boost pipe and all the goodies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't wait!!!

17. 1996mustangGT

1996mustangGT Well-Known Member

i envy you...
    let us know dyno #'s