c head swap

dutch

Reaction score
Check SVTP, lot's of people have done it and there's some good write ups to be found. Worth it? Well if you enjoy the work and find the parts cheapish, it's a good powergain throughout the powerband for sure.

OP
OP
B

blksnake

<font color="pink">Senior Member</font>
Reaction score
i found a set of c heads for 150, with 50k on them gonna have em worked while i gather the other parts.

and ive seen the threads on svtp but the one guy who did it, CMK or whatever his name is, doesnt have any more threads about it and hes like im goin to be making an in depth swap thread (this was back in 2010, and its no where to be found)

i know its pretty straight forward but i dont want to be half way through it and realize im missin somethin ya know

and im gonna be doin it while the motors still in the car hehe..

dutch

Reaction score
That's a very good price! In-car is going to be almost impossible though. That's why I'm not gonna bother.

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
c swaps are very common for 96-98s im surprised your having a hard time finding info on it. You need an intake from an 99-01 cobra as well to make this work ignition change as well. The HP gains are there throughout the RPM range they simply are more efficient design than the b head. Personally I love B heads with a little exhaust port work they flow like no other, although for as cheap as you got a good set of heads its tough to not do it. If it was me just an opinion id work those heads sell em for like 800 for the pair and buy some shit thatll net me more power than the heads.

Knuckles

OP
OP
B

blksnake

Reaction score
yeah i just got back from pickin them up, thats not a bad idea tho. they're only 99-01 c heads tho not the 03-04. and i thought if i kept my stock valve covers i could keep the stock ignition and not worry about converting to COP

Marvin97

Reaction score
yeah i just got back from pickin them up, thats not a bad idea tho. they're only 99-01 c heads tho not the 03-04. and i thought if i kept my stock valve covers i could keep the stock ignition and not worry about converting to COP
You can, just run your B-headed valve covers and you can keep the coil packs and everything the same

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
there's plenty of threads about this on SVTP. I see them all the time. I've seen many with the entire parts list unfortunately I can't dig them up for you sincemy main computer crashed :/

but yeah I'd do what knuckles said. sell them and use that money for a turbo or supercharger. you will be much happier. also saving you time money and frustration. now if you want to be unique you can do the C head swap lol. me ill save up for boost.

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
ok cool thats what i thought
hmm.

are they worth gettin ported ?

porting the heads is all good and dandy but tbh its more of a support mod since at the moment your car is NA, thats not to say you wont pick up a few ponies here and there but the more you do to your vehicle the more you will gain from having the added CFM, and if you end up boosting it then your engine will thank you =) I posted earlier you need to COP swap to do the swap i apologize i had a derp moment just most people do it when they swap anyways /shrug. I already posted my opinion on what you should do so best of luck bud.

P.S Get a bottle with the money you sell the c heads for you wont regret it

OP
OP
B

blksnake

Reaction score
yeah its a 2 hour drive away.. i think i am gonna head up there tho.

they're 94 lincoln heads im pretty sure.. juding by the (94) above the RF # and everything ive seen indicates thats the year it was produced. and the imrc's look totally different than ours

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online