"C" Stripe on an SN95?

PNYPWRD

Reaction score
Something I have been considering for awhile...

I currently have the Mustang stripe at the bottom of the door but I was thinking of doing something different. I will either keep what I have or try to get a custom stripe made. The inspiration came from the 69 Boss 302 that I absolutely love.

What do you guys think of the idea? Have you seen this before? There might be someone on here that has it because I vaguely remember seeing something similar.

Pardon my CRUDE mockup :thumbsup: not much of a photoshop user.

TEST-C-STRIPE2.jpg

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There are a few cars on here with them I think, I dont mind the BOSS style stripes there cool. I think that C-Stipe is too bold, blue with black would be okay, or a ghost C stripe would be even better! :)

OP
OP
PNYPWRD

PNYPWRD

Reaction score
Thanks!

Wasn't sure how to handle the stripe when it reached the back, the 69 goes to the back but our rear covers are vastly different. Wasn't sure if I should stop the stripe before the tires or carry the stripe all the way around to the other side, kinda like a continuous stripe. Leaning toward stoping it before the tires...

OP
OP
PNYPWRD

PNYPWRD

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
There are a few cars on here with them I think, I dont mind the BOSS style stripes there cool. I think that C-Stipe is too bold, blue with black would be okay, or a ghost C stripe would be even better! :)

Ghost "C" stripe is a GREAT idea! I'll keep that in mind, thanks Matt!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
^^^ that's 1STOF3's car. and I think they are custom.
also the 67/68 coupes also had a c stripe, but I think they went the other way.
I like them

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think if you do it then it should end before the wheel well since there's really no way to end it on the rear bumper. 1stof3's looks decent but I think the vertical part is too wide and the horizontal parts are too skinny, might be hard to find a happy medium though.

It should probably just stay on the old Mustangs, it doesn't really flow well with our cars imo.

switch96

Reaction score
I like the idea, def stop it before the rear tire though.

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
I like the C stripe! but have to agree with everyone that it need's to be flat black or ghost and end before the rear bumper!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
am I the only one that doesn't like it? I have seen some that go the other way that I thought looked a little better.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks cool, I like how it wraps around on the bumper, but like everyone else said, theres no good looking way to do it on the actual back sid of the bumper.

Ghost C-Stripes would kick some ASS but I actually like the white on there. If you stay pretty close to your mockup it ought to look pretty good.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Yep, that's mine. I was going to put up a pic, that's about the best one though. What I have is nothing like what I wanted done! I did want the part after my rear wheel done. Mine is custom, just not my custom. I was going to do in flat black, he thought it would look better cleared. I like that part! He made the call to do my valance that way. Like that better now.

DSC09850.jpg

OP
OP
PNYPWRD

PNYPWRD

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies!

I'm thinking maybe using my mockup but taking an idea of 1stof3 and tapering the stripe after the rear wheel. That way, don't have to worry about the wrap around, that's sounds like a great solution. I'll post some pics if I get it done this year.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I took pics of badass98svt's car to draw what I wanted done on mine. His car had basically what I was adding. I forgot to draw that on it, so I had to add it later. All I have is a scanned copy of what I drew. Guessing it went maybe 3/4's the length?

I reallly don't think the kids ever seen what I wanted done. They had the C stripes in their heads, & did what they wanted done I guess. I had my car now's stripes removed so I could draw what I wanted done on it. I haven't even thought of doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online