cams causing miss help please!

OP
OP
J

joshmartin

Reaction score
i tried seeing if visually i could see what cams were in the car, but couldnt.... they are aftermarket for sure anyways, i done put bbk75mm tb , C&L upper plenium and cold air and a hand held programer... it allready had a xpipe , short throw , 410 gears in it so ima just finish usual bolt ons put a aluminum lower intake on it and a 150 shot and let that roll till she blows lol and :mikec: ls1's here i come :xmas-smiley-022:

OP
OP
J

joshmartin

Reaction score
ANOTHER idea, typically do 4.6's pull so hard after 6 grand? i took my friend for a ride who builds 302 based strokers and has a 6 second 1/8 street car for a ride and he said the car (my 98) didnt feel like it pulled much till around 4800 rpms and it pulled all the way hard to redline at 6k.... so with that said i turned rev limiter up to 6600 and been shiftin it at 6500 and it acts like it wants to pull more lol id turn 7k if i didnt think it was gonna fly apart lol

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
joshmartin said:
ANOTHER idea, typically do 4.6's pull so hard after 6 grand? i took my friend for a ride who builds 302 based strokers and has a 6 second 1/8 street car for a ride and he said the car (my 98) didnt feel like it pulled much till around 4800 rpms and it pulled all the way hard to redline at 6k.... so with that said i turned rev limiter up to 6600 and been shiftin it at 6500 and it acts like it wants to pull more lol id turn 7k if i didnt think it was gonna fly apart lol

yeah, thats probably the cams that dont kick in till 4800. but......stock valve springs shouldnt be going past the stock rev limiter, nor the stock internals. it can do it, but prob not too safe for much longer. just what ive heard tho.

OP
OP
J

joshmartin

Reaction score
yeah i figured i prob shouldnt turn it that high, should i go with longtubes since im going to spray that much and done lookin at a s/c ? ive read they arent beneficial until atleast 400whp

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes, longtubes are great, without 400 rwhp. People that dont have them are to lazy to put them on or too poor to pay someone to do it for them, they are totally worth the gain's. I like Stainless Works, but they are a little pricey.

OP
OP
J

joshmartin

Reaction score
yeah ill pay someone to do it im sure , so any ideas what kinda rwhp my car should be makin? 75mm tb , x pipe with 1 chamber flowmasters , c&l upper plenium and cold air.... everything else stock outside the pi swap and the aftermarket cams which im still not sure what they are ..... i got a local dyno like 20 minutes away prob gonna go get it dynoed.... i figured 400+ whp isnt gonna be hard especially with the 150 shot lol

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
on the spray 400 is easy. now on motor i would expect around 290 depending on the cams. dont rev it to 6500 too often. our rods start to bend around 6500-6700 if taken there a lot. also, the stock valve springs cant handle that abuse.

OP
OP
J

joshmartin

Reaction score
witfull boltons and a dyno tune ive heard around 310 on motor is great.... all i need i guess is underdrive pulleys , headers , mass air housing and sensor....coil on plugs supposed to add power but im sure thats debatable....

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
coil on plug will not add power. YOu just have to gett wires that wont let the spark jump at the coils where they are all together.

DFG_magic

Reaction score
It's got a PI setup. The oil fill on the passenger side is a dead giveaway. PI H/C/I FTW.

OP
OP
J

joshmartin

Reaction score
theyre actually not pi cams <;)

yeah the car has stock plug wires on it and stock plugs ::D im tryin to hunt down the previous owner that traded it in on this local small lot to see wtf that is about.... a full pi swap wit stock air filter plugs n wires lol the only thing i can figure is he took the easy stuff to take off and put back stock stuff and sold the aftermarket

:new_year: guys

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
joshmartin said:
theyre actually not pi cams <;)

yeah the car has stock plug wires on it and stock plugs ::D im tryin to hunt down the previous owner that traded it in on this local small lot to see wtf that is about.... a full pi swap wit stock air filter plugs n wires lol the only thing i can figure is he took the easy stuff to take off and put back stock stuff and sold the aftermarket

:new_year: guys

You definately need to pick up an Xcal 2 and get a dyno tune then.

OP
OP
J

joshmartin

Reaction score
the sct sf i baught says xcalibrator 2 when i hook it into the car so i assume it will work with a custom dyno tune....

the car truely doesnt feel like it runs that good or atleast not as good as it probably should..... not sure :santa_undecided:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yep it will work with a tune, get it on the dyno and get the A/F logged. Otherwise the only way to tell the cams is take em off, send em to comp, and let them run them on the Spin Dr.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online