Cams

Shawn 1980

Reaction score
Good morning, I'm planning on doing cams in my 1996 2v and have some questions, so it's a 1996 4.6 2v with PI heads and a turbo kit I built, bottom end is stock. I'm looking to put a set of cams mainly for the chop car is only running 5-8 psi boost nothing more and I'd like to avoid cutting pistons etc. I will be putting new valve springs and retainers. Looking for recommendations

Thanks.

98darkhorse.com

Reaction score
I am running the Howards Rattler cams runs strong no issues with drivability. this cam allows for use of stock PI springs and retainers. plus it sounds different from other mustangs around me. not sure what is like with boost. you can hit up https://www.facebook.com/todd.warren.376 Todd Warren Cams, they do custom grind ordering for you.
here is the Idle clip

OP
OP
Shawn 1980

Shawn 1980

Reaction score
This is pretty much what I'm looking for thanks. Sounds good

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Why would anyone spend the extra coin for "specd" cams when all the op wants is chop? Just buy off the shelf cams. Personally id call Ed Curtis

J_lope82

Reaction score
Why would anyone spend the extra coin for "specd" cams when all the op wants is chop? Just buy off the shelf cams. Personally id call Ed Curtis
I’m guess to reassure that there won’t be any valve to piston clash with his set up.

Snorky

Reaction score
I personally would call Jordan at MHS or Jim Cushman from CMS. Both are great to work with. Jordan changed some cam specs of his normal "shelf" cams for me for my turbo car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online