can it be saved?! deadmystic paint.

jo4roush99

Reaction score
They only made 2000 1996 Mystics, so it is sort of rare, and according to the Mystic registration site, about 200 or more are totalled. I hope 20 years from now, the value of a nice Mystic will go way up, because I dont ever plan on selling mine untill I'm in an old folks home.

OP
OP
B

blksnake

<font color="pink">Senior Member</font>
Reaction score
i think theres more than 200 totaled. if the page says estimated 1343 are around

how do i get my production # of that year.. i was only able to get the total one.

5litrarag

Reaction score
They only made 2000 mystics in 96... ever looked at how many of the other colors there were? Same thing with the 03/04 mystichrome cobras.

Again, Its not rare. Just different and pursued like crazy by those that dig them.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know mystichrome was one of the more popular colors on the Terminators, but its still not something you see every day.

I don't know of any other vehicle that came with irridescent paint, besides some goofy riced out mongoose c4 corvette that my neighbor has.

Nacho98

Reaction score
What new cars come with irridescent paint....?

None that I know of.

Sure, you can always find a bunch of dumbasses driving a ghetto ass G-body with Chromallusion paint in the hood with clown car rims, but I don't know of any other car that came with it from the factory. Even if it's more common today, it sure wasn't back then, so my point still stands that I'm surprised so many people just bought 'em, ragged 'em, and tossed 'em out.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. I had a class with a 17 year old kid with a beat to crap 96 mystic cobra. It made me cry :(

dino

Reaction score
Thank you.

Almost 1/4 of the run that year was mystics.
Not exactly rare.

That's actually more than a quarter by those statistics...Haha.

*this post made by and approved by the one and only Dino via extra-terrestrial communimacations.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
Contact the admin that jo4roush99 posted with your vin# and he might be able to help you. I think he has a whole run down on all the vins of these cars but im not sure.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
Or... Quoted from that site "You must log onto the Ford Motorsport web site and follow to SVT web site where you can apply for the documentation (they charge you) it comes delivered to you house in a nice Certificate and letter form that can be framed and displayed!" Either way, I know the Admin there is very helpful

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
As everyones already said, you will need a respray to do it right.

You might be able to make it look a bit better if you sand the bad clear off and throw some new clear on there....but I wouldnt waste more than an hour of your time and a 6 dollar rattle can of clear.

cobra head

Reaction score
i hate to say it but i would never ever use a damn paint in a can on a mystic cobra just my 2 cents that car is worth more then that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online

No members online now.