Canadian Mustang Newb!

Saveg_Vegan

Reaction score
Hello, I just recently bought a 1999 Mustang GT!
I've been a fan of Mustangs since I can remember so finally at 50 I decided it was time.
I had just enough time to do the work needed to pass safety before I had to store it for the winter...lol
I have a lot of plans for this car. First I need to correct some poorly lowered practices that I think has killed the rack and pinion. When I was replacing the inner tie rod I noticed some fluid there and the can does seem to wander a bit. I had already replaced the outer tie rod ends before I'd learned about bump steer kits.
So, down the rabbit hole I went.
My plan in the spring is to replace the rack and pinion, install a bump steer kit, caster camber plates and sway bar end links.
After the handling formalities are out of the way comes now paint and carbon fiber Stalker 2 hood and a different bumper.
After that its a rear end rebuild, I'm going posi with 3:73 gears.
After that it's performance upgrades. A lot of research needs to be done before I finalize anything.
So, yeah, I've had a lot of time on my hands lately...lol

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome
Never to old to own a mustang
I have had them all my life practically
And ill be buried in one
Just don't know witch one yet
Oh ya send in those pics

Last edited:

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Welcome.
Glad you found the site. Alot of great people here.

Post pics, create a build thread and keep us updated!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to The Stable! Sounds like a lot of exciting changes and upgrades in store. Please feel free to keep us posted as they unfold! And definitely ask any/all questions here if you heed advice, opinions or instructions. The good folks on this Forum have helped me many times and saved my butt equally as many times! No joke.

Where innThe True North do you hail from? Just curious because you mentioned “waiting until Spring”....

Cheers!
Daryl
‘95 Cobra SVT

abgray56

Reaction score
Welcome from another Canuck that just found this forum. I'm in Nova Scotia with an '01 Bullitt ( in hibernation now, lol) used mainly for autocross and track. I have a lot of MM suspension mods in place. I've had the car for 15 years now.

Sent from my LM-Q910 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online