Car dies whenever its put in gear

RustyRodder

Reaction score
NEW ISSUES, JUST IN TIME FOR WINTER! WOOHOO!

I got my car tuned last weekend (On that note- +35hp and 16tq on E85. woo!). After taking it for a decent amount of miles (about 75), it started to stall whenever I come to a stop with it in gear. It seems to cruise allright, and the idle is smooth.

Heres what I have done so far:
-new motorcraft O2 sensors
-checked for any vacuum leaks
-replaced the MAF
-cleaned/tested IAC (died as soon as it was unplugged). However, it doesnt idle where I set it to in the tune(IE, 900 is 700ish and 1000 is more like 800 or 900)
-In the process of a hard ECU reset, with a fresh tune file (same one, new file)

Im at a loss on this one.

Asking friends, Ive been told a few possibilities- corrupted tune file (hence the reset and new file), clogged fuel filter (had to drain tank to go E85), bad TCC Solenoid/locked(or bad) converter.

Help? anyone?

Oh yeah, specs- its a '02 3.8 with a 4R70W.

Dsg94sn95

Reaction score
Idk if it's the same for a 3.8 but I had a 2v 4.6 and it would die when I stopped or put the clutch in, it ended up being the coil on plugs not the actual coils but the boots that sink down in there were torn and causing a miss

OP
OP
RustyRodder

RustyRodder

Reaction score
No misfiring that I can detect- and it was fine on the dyno & before that. Cruised at 55mph in 3rd for a few miles before it started,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online