catted h-pipe

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i was just wondering how much louder would it be if i bought a catted h-pipe, as opposed to keeping the stock pipe? Im most likely going with Mac catted h-pipe.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
the catted will sound better than stock for sure, but its not like having a off road one. I chose my catted one because of the emiss test here in NC that they just started. If not for that, I would have went off road :boink:

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
is it significantly louder? also that picture of trish stratus is hottt

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
while crusing its STOCK quiet if you ask me. It added more tone to my exhaust and anything above 2200 is louder than stock.

edit: Oh, you have a 97 GT also... don't expect it to me earthquake style O/r loud. You'll just get alot more tone and alilttle more volume.

If you had a 99+ GT you get more tone and its alot louder for some reason compared to the nonpi with a catted :dunno:

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
;) Oh ya.. . anything is better than stock. Your allowing the exhaust to flow alot better w/o 6 cats holding you down.

In terms of loudness and everything.. i'll let you vote.

Heres my car with the stock H and than after the stock H.

You notice it only has more mac tone than loudness.

(same mic for both)

Stock H- http://www.mustangexhaust.com/forums/soundclips.php?action=play&linkid=305&catid=20&page=1

Mac CAtted- http://media.putfile.com/mac-catback-mac-catted -Fast forward to 3:00minutes. Basically, your flows will get louder, but you'll get ALOT more tone over loudness for some reason.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
is it significantly louder? also that picture of trish stratus is hottt

check twistas vids, thats a pretty good clip of the two tones.............I think you will be happy with the catted one :)

and YES I know Trish is HOTT.......she was at my house last night :D :D :D

S

scarface

I had an offroad pipe...if it was a 10 on loudness, my catted is a 5.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
if it was legal i would have a prochamber, but i have to settle for cats, thanks for the soundclips, and your a lucky sob if trish came over your house, when your done could you toss her my way????

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
My O/R X and Flows really arent that loud...well yes they do rattle the pictures on teh wall pretty good when I take it out of the garage, and punch it down the street.

O/R FTW

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
if it was legal i would have a prochamber, but i have to settle for cats, thanks for the soundclips, and your a lucky sob if trish came over your house, when your done could you toss her my way????

if you pass over the chick in your avatar 8)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
um, I guess no one has seen my girl cause I definately win :hammer:

S

scarface

Brian...Did you forget your wife looks at your posts...lol :)

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
well you got a great wife then, im beginning to look at the girls on the avatars now more than the cars in the signature

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online