Changing exterior paint, what about interior?

ProKiller

Reaction score
I'd still have to paint the panels, the black on those is BLACK, what I have is dark charcoal (the 99-00 specific shade, not the 01-04 shade, there is a difference). That's where I got the original idea though, saw an older interior and thought, why didn't they continue to do that in later models??

gotcha. well painting just the top of the dash seems easier to me than all the other pieces. just my thoughts.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
op black everything out man. allot of people are afraid of painting interior parts cause of the old days of paint just scraping right off with your finger nail. proper prep and painting can last the lifetime of the car.

then get you some of those 2 tone seats to just match the carpet.

OP
OP
H

heffe2001

Reaction score
I'm going to try the two-tone on the doors, if I don't like it, I'll most likely just black it all out. Need to make up my mind 100% on the exterior color over the next couple days though. Looked at my car in the parking lot at lunch, and now kind of don't want to change color, and go with the factory exterior silver instead, lol. Don't see many silver 'verts around here (at least I haven't), but I've seen a bunch of the darker color (friend of mine has like 4 that mineral grey color, lol).

Trying to get all this settled and done before the big Mustang show in April, plan on driving it down there.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
silver with an all black interior looks awesome!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it, I always remember my interior being all black.
Its the door panels I remember.

I dont have good pictures of it, but you get the idea. It was beat up much worse than the pictures show. KillNThrill24

mMthO3Kl.jpg

You can barely see, but the dash is all cracked, on the right side passenger theres a chunk missing. Drivers seat had a tear and burns. The door panels had screws in them :p

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Dang it, I always remember my interior being all black.
Its the door panels I remember.

I dont have good pictures of it, but you get the idea. It was beat up much worse than the pictures show. KillNThrill24

mMthO3Kl.jpg

You can barely see, but the dash is all cracked, on the right side passenger theres a chunk missing. Drivers seat had a tear and burns. The door panels had screws in them :p

Fair enough brotha I totally understand what you mean now. If I were in your shoes I certainly would have ripped it out too. When you go as far as you did with a restore then you are a foo to not take the time to do the interior too. Compared to those old pics your interior looks awesome man. Now I know!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online