SEM interior paint for 99-04 parchment interior

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Does anyone know what SEM paint matches best with the Parchment interior for 99-04?

There are two colors, the lighter shade and the darker shade on top of the dash.

I know LMR has paint, but looking to find the SEM offerings for the same colors.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you use to be able to order a color chip example of every color for a few bucks that made it easy to just put next to your dash to see which matched the best. It cost a few bucks but it saved the time and $$$ of getting it half a shade off and either learning to live with it or buying more.

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Just an update. Ended up buying the LMR paint. Got both the med parchment and dark parchment and it matches pretty well. I painted what i needed to paint and it turned out so nice i think i'm going to end up refreshing everything.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just be sure to clean everything VERY well or all the dash cleaning products can create a lot of paint problems.

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Definitely. I had to pull most of the interior out to powerwash it when i initially bought the car. Car sat for a year and was a convertible, so when i got my hands on it lots of grime and mold. I've since corrected the leaks and every interior panel has been cleaned multiple times. But a fresh coat of dye really makes a huge difference.

I've dyed parts in my Fox Mustang and had good luck with longevity. Lots of prep and you can run a finger across a panel and it wont flake. I used SEM paint for that which is why i initially was seeking to find some in the correct color.

Good shot of the contrast. I painted the rear seat panels because they were sunfaded. Came out great, but now you can see the contrast with the door panel which, despite lots of cleaning, still shows some grime. Going to pull the panels, clean one more time and spray them and that shoul;d freshen it up a bit more.

Seats are on the agenda to be recovered this winter.
download (6).jpg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Nicely done.

I like LMR’s interior paint. Did my interior a few years back but I need to go back over the door panels. The area along the lower edge and around the speaker grille show signs of wear. Looking back, I should’ve sanded it and given it multiple coats.

IMG_0015.jpegIMG_0021.jpeg63086439412__DB3C73BA-B1AC-4BB1-AD55-F1FBB7D8B47E.jpeg

badass98svt

Reaction score
I'm convinced that the LMR paint IS SEM.
I've used both the LMR and SEM Landau Black.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online