Check Engine at WOT?

drifts14x

Reaction score
So I was running my car against a Prelude like a week ago, I go WOT in second gear and right before I shift into third, the Check Engine Light comes on, and stays on, not just through the gear, but for a good 10-15 seconds after I go to 0% throttle and coast back to the speed limit. Now, whenever I run WOT, the car is being :lame: and throwing the light. It doesn't seem to affect the performance, but the psychological effect that it has on me is making me not have so much fun hot-footing it around. Any ideas as to why this would be happening? Mods list is in my sig, and for the record, every time that I hook a code reader to it, there's nothing, no codes. Also, the MSD 6AL and coil are not on the car right now because the box got wet and fried, so that isn't the problem. Any ideas would help, I really want to get everything straight before I hit the track in the fall.

ryclef331

Reaction score
You're not pulling the codes right. If that light comes on...it should be stored in the ECU. PERIOD.

samseed101

Reaction score
What's your MAF voltage when the light comes on? Sounds like you're somehow pegging the meter, or close enough to it to trip the CEL. You shouldn't with your mods, but it's possible if you have a dirty MAF, a malfunctioning MAF, or one of those cheap eBay chips that claim to give you HP.

OP
OP
D

drifts14x

Reaction score
I still haven't had a chance to put it back on a code reader, but it hasn't been doing it now since I posted...I guess I'll clean the MAF, but trust me, I'm not dumb enough to put on one of those ebay chips.

mystang94

Reaction score
yeah i think ur pegging ur maf mine does the sme thing just been to lazy to clean the maf :slap:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online