Check engine light and off road mid pipes...

Nightmare

Reaction score
Odd that this happened, since I have had my eliminators on my car for going on 4 years now with no real issues.

One thing to know is that you have 2 o2 sensors and 2 "cat monitors". The eliminators plug into one, however I cant remember if it was the o2 or the monitors....I have heard that some people have had issues with them, and end up turning off the monitors through the tune, however I would only recommend this if you don't have to go through emissions.

OP
OP
SneakySonBeach
Reaction score
after i cleared the code the first time it took about 2 weeks but it came back again.... so i bought my own little actron thing to clear codes for the time being, until i can afford a tuner

Win

Legend
Reaction score
first off, I'm new to the forums so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question or has been answered before. But I am looking into getting a new mid pipe for my 97 GT only problem is I want to get rid of the cats but keep that darn check engine light off, how would one go about doing this, if at possible thanks in advance!

since your saying it popped on was it the o2 code?

This might only be for us 5.0 guys but Ill chime in with my offroad xpipe since it was my most recent mod....I had a stock H with four cats and tore it out to put in an o/r X, not only do you also have to remove and cap off part of the EGR system that connects from your air pump to your stock H and also to your passenger side head. I have yet to throw a code but again I still have intact the EGR system that connects from the passenger side header to the intake/ TB and I have heard if you take that off it will cause the system to throw a code. Just some info...not sure how well it will work on a 97 though as it is different.

even some 94-95 you won't have to do anything with the tube. Most of the time you can leave it open and it'll function fine.

Would you even mess with a mid pipe then? is it really worth the money (all im looking for is sound btw) i love loud idling cars. Im going to getting the american thunder dump exhaust from flowmaster, would that be enough?

Please don't do flow crappers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online