Check engine light

Demolisher

Reaction score
Ok well my was on so i hooked up the computer to it and it came up wit these 172-EGO NOT SWITCHING 176-EGO NOT SWITCHING 556-Fuel pump relay primary CKT 628-Excessive converter Clutch slippage :help2: How do i fix all this or wut ? how do i figure out the problem i just want my engine light off so then i can try to turn off my ABS one off also lol plz help guys :drunk:

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i know 172 is your o2 sensor bank 1 ......replace your o2 sensor on the passenger side

70351cmustang

Reaction score
Found this for your fuel code and o2 sensor codes
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 543/524 indicates a fuel pump secondary circuit failure between the B(+) supply and the FPM connection to the power-to-pump circuit.

Possible causes:
No Starts:

-- Open circuit between the B(+) supply and the FPM connection to the power-to-pump circuit.

-- Fuel pump relay contacts always open.

Engine Starts:

-- Left/Front HO2S short to power

-- Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

** Does engine start?

NO = fix open in circuit or replace CCRM. RERUN test.
YES = continue

CHECK FRONT/LEFT HO2S FOR SHORT TO POWER

NOTE:
Due to the internal circuitry of the PCM, a Left/Front HO2S signal short to power could produce a DTC 542/543.

* Key off.

* Disconnect left or front HO2S.

* Measure resistance between HO2S signal pin and KEY POWER pin at the HO2S connector.

** Is resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?

NO = replace the O2 sensor. RERUN test.
YES = continue

CHECK HO2S CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO POWER

* Key off.

* Left or Front HO2S disconnected.

* Disconnect Powertrain Control Module (PCM). Inspect for damaged or pushed out pins, corrosion, loose wires, etc. Service as necessary. Leave PCM disconnected.

* Key on.

* Measure voltage between the HO2S signal at the HO2S vehicle harness connector and chassis ground.

** Is voltage less than 1.0 volt?

YES = replace ECM, reconnect the O2. RERUN test.
NO = fix short circuit, reconnect the ECM and O2. RERUN test.
END

Continous memory 543

** Also a continous memory code 556/557?

YES = skip ahead to section after next YES/NO quesions
NO = continue

A Continuous Memory DTC 524/543, without the presence of a Continuous Memory DTC 556/557, indicates that during vehicle operation, one of the following has occurred :

-- Open in the B(+) circuit between B(+) and the fuel pump relay.

-- Fuel pump relay contacts opened.

-- Open in the power-to-pump circuit from the CCRM/LFP relay to the FPM splice.

-- Left/Front HO2S circuit short to power.

* Start engine.

* Check for engine stall/stumble while performing the following (also, if possible, listen for fuel pump turning off):

-- Shake, wiggle, bend the fuel pump relay B(+) circuit to the CCRM/LFP relay.

-- Lightly tap the CCRM/LFP relay (to simulate road shock).

-- Shake, wiggle, bend the power-to-pump circuit from the CCRM/LFP relay to the FPM splice.

* Key off.

* Inspect the CCRM/LFP relay connector and B(+) connector terminal for corrosion, damaged pins, etc.

** Is fault indicated/found?

YES = ISOLATE fault and SERVICE as necessary. CLEAR Continuous Memory DTC. RERUN test.
NO = Under certain conditions, a Continuous Memory DTC 524/543 may have been set without a Continuous Memory DTC 556/557, even though a fault has occurred in the fuel pump primary circuit. continue

A Continuous Memory DTC 556/557 indicates a fuel pump primary circuit failure has occurred during vehicle operation. Possible causes are:

-- Open VPWR in the CCRM.

-- Open coil in fuel pump relay.

-- Open in fuel pump circuit (PCM Pin 22).

* Start engine.

* Check for engine stall/stumble while performing the following (also, if possible, listen for fuel pump turning off):

-- Shake, wiggle, bend the EEC-IV vehicle harness fuel pump circuit (Pin 22) between the PCM and the CCRM.

-- Lightly tap the CCRM to simulate road shock.

* Key off.

* Inspect the PCM connector and the fuel pump relay connectors for corrosion, damaged pins, etc.

** Is fault indicated/found?

YES = ISOLATE fault and SERVICE as necessary. CLEAR Continuous Memory DTC. RERUN test.
NO = continue

CHECK LEFT/FRONT HO2S CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO POWER

NOTE:
Due to the internal circuitry of the PCM, an intermittent left/front HO2S signal short to power could produce a Continuous Memory DTC 542 or 524/543.

* Key off.

* Install breakout box, if applicable.

* Breakout box installed, PCM disconnected.

* Connect a test lamp between the left/front HO2S test (pin 43) and test pin 40 at the breakout box.

* Key on, engine off.

* Observe test lamp for an indication of a fault while performing the following (the light will turn on bright when a fault is detected):

-- Shake, wiggle, bend the left/front HO2S circuit from the HO2S sensor to the PCM.

-- Lightly tap the HO2S sensor (to simulate road shock).

** Is fault indicated?

NO = take to dealer for complicated analysis (sorry)
HOPE THIS HELPS :thumb: :pimp2: :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.