Chin spoiler alignment for SN95s?

LI98GT

Reaction score
Just picked up a Mach1 chin spoiler and before I put it on, I wanted to see what the consensus was for alignment. In other words, should the spoiler be installed so that it's flush with the front of the bumper or recessed just a little so the rear is flush with the wheelwell - or maybe something in between? Maybe some pics would help? Thanks.

OP
OP
L

LI98GT

Reaction score
Thanks Droptop. I've got it taped up using painters tape to see how it looks with the back end flush with the wheel well. I like it there, kind of looks like it was always there.

I figured I would change the oil since I had it up on ramps and ran into problems with the old oil filter gasket not coming off, so I ended up with ~3qts of oil on the garage floor when I started the car up. That put me behind otherwise, I would have pics posted already. uggh. :-\

OP
OP
L

LI98GT

Reaction score
Done. I decided on the "recessed" installation so that the tips of the spoiler lined up with the wheelwell. I used about a 1/4" drill bit and bought extra Ford type plastic push pins. The spoiler came with only three of them, not enough to keep it flush to the bumper.

Here are some pics and let me know what you think!

523851_48_full.jpg

523851_49_full.jpg

jpajkos

Reaction score
Hey guys where did you get your chin spoilers. Can you hook a brotha up with the details :banana:

OP
OP
L

LI98GT

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Hey guys where did you get your chin spoilers. Can you hook a brotha up with the details :banana:

For me, it was a family member that picked it up for me, so all I had to do was come up with the cash. He has a friend that works at a Ford parts dept in a dealership. There are several places you can get if from. MT, Randy Stinchcomb of Liberty Ford at another site, ebay etc...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online