Choose One

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's a tough choice. For down the road resale value, the Saleen. If you don't care about that as much, I would get the Bullitt. Better starting platform, not as old so the suspension parts probably aren't all worn out.

The Saleen's suspension and body kit being it's big boasting points are lackluster, because the "upgraded" suspension from 1996 is kinda meh now, and is also 20 years old at this point and probably all needs to be rebuilt.

You are thinking like me :)

I have always wanted the Saleen but for what they are, they are overpriced (except 351R).
Maybe I am getting older but I am swaying towards a Bullitt.

Resale value is not a factor in my choice as I will modify and drive whatever I own so miles will add up.

I have several Bullitts for sale in my area for 9-12k with @40k-70k miles. Not many SN Saleens so the owners ask for more.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly, for something that is essentially the same car except a for being a good deal slower, Saleen's are not really worth the extra dineros.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The polls show that saleen is winning though. Since you created a poll you must let it direct your future.

Or ban hammer

ponyboy88

Reaction score
I vote saleen, but then again why not start with something cheaper or go newer? I saw a 95 GTS on craigslist for half of that not to long ago.

96Mystic1189

Reaction score
Saleen no thought involved at all. I can take you to a couple bullitts that drive around. I have never seen a sn95 saleen in my life. Anybody can buy a bullitt, it takes an awesome person to buy and maintain an sn95.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I vote saleen, but then again why not start with something cheaper or go newer? I saw a 95 GTS on craigslist for half of that not to long ago.

I am staying 4.6 2V since I have a few thousand dollars worth of 2V parts already (TF Heads/custom cams/SVO Supercharger etc) or else I would be looking at a 4V Cobra.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Saleen no thought involved at all. I can take you to a couple bullitts that drive around. I have never seen a sn95 saleen in my life. Anybody can buy a bullitt, it takes an awesome person to buy and maintain an sn95.
You really have never seen an SN Saleen?!? I don't see them frequently but there are a few in my area including a mint 95 351 vert.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a real 94-98 saleen. I think I've seen the rest of the special additions

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I see them at least once a week lol. Maybe that's why I'm like meh. I never see Bullits

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
I love the SN95 Saleens!! IMO i would hunt for a '01 cobra (for hopefully a similar price) if you were to go new edge. However the Bullit does have a better engine, since you plan on upgrading anyways you might as well go with the saleen and update the heads...ect.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking at SN Saleen's for sale for over a year. A large chunk of them have been for sale in Florida but are higher milage so I don't inquire. Very likely you have seen a few of them riding around :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online