Christmas Gift to myself!

Dubsport

Reaction score
I bought this Christmas day and have been chasing this car for awhile. It is a '96 w/92000km and is as clean underneath as it is on top. A few things to fix/clean up, but overall a nice find. I have been a VW/Audi Tech for 24 years now and own a 400hp '18 Golf R but find it too predictable and wanted something more "raw". Plan is to do a ton of maintenance (fluids etc) and do some mild upgrades!

mustang1.jpg mustang2.jpg mustang3.jpg mustang4.jpg mustang5.jpg

Here is a video that the prvious owner made...

Last edited:

delling3

Reaction score
Welcome! Good looking car. It’ll be a big change from your Golf - that much is certain! Where are you located?

PinkieT

Reaction score
Nice car! Looks like you got some nice upgrades already. What plans do you have to take it up another notch?

OP
OP
Dubsport

Dubsport

Reaction score
Nice car! Looks like you got some nice upgrades already. What plans do you have to take it up another notch?

My upgrades will likely be as follows...
1. MSD ign coils (these are damaged from previous owner)
2. 3.73 rear gear set
3. sub frame re-inforcements
4. adj rear lower control arms
5. upper rear control arms
6. rear panhard bar
7. smaller supercharger pulley
8. meth injection
9. so much more...

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome
First time I am seeing that color
I have see a lot of different colors but not that one
Looks very nice sort of sky blue

OP
OP
Dubsport

Dubsport

Reaction score
Welcome
Thanks
It is actually Opal Frost and does not look that blue in person certain lighting changes the hue... 1 0f 4392 Mustangs in that colour that year!

Last edited:

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I remember a 68 Shelby fastback my dad had
It was the same color with white stripes down the center of the car
I like that color

OP
OP
Dubsport

Dubsport

Reaction score
I believe it is an OEM piece replaced by Ford under warranty... I have 2 binders of receipts from new including the original window stickers!

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Welcome

The earlier SN95s had an amazing pallet to choice from. The older they got, the more color choices inside and out. Teal, iris metallic, tangerine... ...in 1994, you had your choice of 3 different shades of red. In 1995, 3 different blues. In 1996, 3 different shades of green... IF you count “Mystic” which also could have been purple depending on the angle.

Nowadays everyone gets a mustang in either black white or silver. No offense to the OP, as these cars look good in anything. It just seems like those are the colors people want (safe for resale) but everywhere. Ford surprisingly still offers many different colors VS the main 5 other cars have, but still very few on the road that aren’t those top 3.

People in the 90s didn’t seem to care about owning a purple or orange car. They embraced individuality. At least with car ownership. That’s why Opal Frost was so rare that year. People had choices and were encouraged to make them.

Opal Frost, if I can remember, was more of a pearl, than a metallic. As it aged, it would lose its luster and look more like primer. ...which is starting to become a popular color on brand new vehicles when cleared. (Glossy grey)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
this seems like the time that someone would demand a smokey burn out pic or video... I am not the kind to make demands or force things upon you but I am one to make a request for it with a double dog dare :)

joe65

Reaction score
what? burn out on the golf is in order, I'm thinking. :) it should spin all 4 with that hp. I'd take one of those. I'm a VW/Audi guy here also. I sold a b5 A4 that I had running on e85 ( just needed a big turbo) to buy a mustang. A golf r is a nice winter driver.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online