Clone Cars/Fake Cobras/Fake Cobra R's

95opal

Reaction score
If the vin dont match what your cloning you have nothing but a clone. Nothing against clones or tributes but in the end that is all they are. My gt is a saleen clone with 90% of the parts being oem saleen. Even have the real deal 95 S351 seats which are the unicorns of seats. I still let people know its just a gt. That said build away but dont be that guy who tries to pass off a clone as legit. It just makes you look really shady.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think Garrett makes an interesting case, and Frank started to support his opinion, but there’s always going to be the battle stance of the Purists. I, myself, have a deep appreciation for those who have “the Real Deal” , documented, VIN, etc etc original car and I completely appreciate it when they keep it unmolested and OE.

BUT…..(here comes the exception)…. I also 100% respect someone’s Right to build their car however they damn well please! And I think we all do in that respect. My only problems with morphing a car into something else is when they try to pass it off as “the Real Deal”, especially when they try to sell it. Just disclose, “ it started as a GT and it’s been upgraded to a Cobra or Cobra R via this, that and the other changes”.
So basically BE HONEST ABOUT IT! It’s not a crime to morph something. But it is a crime to DECEIVE and not DISCLOSE.

Not trying to start a fire here; just my (unsolicited) $.02!… Peace!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.