clutch question

97blackgt

Reaction score
anyone else have problems with a real stiff clutch petal? Im not sure if it is just my car..or all SN95's. I have 90000 miles and its the stock clutch, is there any adjustment and do you think replacing the clutch with something else would give me a lighter petal, but still grab just as well? What are some good brands for a reasonable price, im pretty much stock to i dont need anything that can hold 500 hp. thanks

Plummod96

Reaction score
If you still have the stock quadrant,then just pull up on you clutch pedal once.You will probably feel it click.Try that first especially if that old clutch is slipping too.But I would seriously think it's time for a new clutch very soon.

-Steve

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
i got a king cobra from ford racing. i like it better than i did the stock. you can find them for about $150-160. if i didnt put that i would go with a spec of centerforce. you might want to change your clutch cable also. :drunk:

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
Since im in college for autotech i can change the clutch myself so i might as well swap it out while im still here..thinking about going with the king cobra..just wondering why i would need a cable swap..?thanks

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
the quadrant kit is more durable. cables get tough over time. the quadrant system makes it easier to push when broke in. my friend swapped one out on his fox and loves it. get the whole kit with the quadrant and all. the factory quadrant is plastic and will break.

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
sounds like a good idea, thanks for the advice :drunk:

Pennywise2

Reaction score
At 90K miles you should replace your clutch because I know it's worn.
I replaced my clutch with a Centerforce DF clutch at 70K and after looking
at it you could see the wear.I highly recommend the Centerforce DF clutch
because it is a excellent clutch for a mustang. :thumb:

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
Well looks like Im going with the King Cobra clutch. Now ill just have to wait for a little bit better weather so i can get my car up here to work on it. Also what do you guys run for tranny fluid? Which brand works the best..or have you had any luck with a different wieght?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i would say Royal purple, i dont run it...but i will as soon as my lazy ass does a tranny flush

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online