Cobra 2003 engine : 2 blowers !

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

It's the first time I saw that :

100_1257.jpg

A guy in my local club, just install a procharger on a 2003 Cobra engine, two kind of blowers on a 32V.

Is it a good project ? I'm not sure about the engine life expectation.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
huuuhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: is that possible :rollinglaugh:

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
:rockyou: :rockyou: :rockyou:

Oh BTW this is a TT set up going into the Eaton this combo is capable to produce up to 1600 HP

Hellion HellRaiser

[attachment deleted by admin]

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Forced induction, into forced induction. Don't sound like a good combo. I guess we will find out.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I've seen twin supercharged cars but the superchargers were both rotrex (similar setup to centrifugal). There was a separate belt to each blower and the tubing was symmetrical leading into 2 top mounted intercoolers (mounted on the top of both valve covers) and finally into the intake.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think that'll work pretty well. I've seen turbos feeding the roots style blower on a few cars before with pretty outstanding results. as long as it gets a good tune it should be good to go.

pCaKes

Reaction score
Thats pretty frigen nasty.. I hope hes got more than a stock bottom end, i know they're pretty strong but thatll definetly push its limits.... personally I would of spent the money on a kenne bell or whipple or something but its still pretty sick

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am very skeptical of this set up. The Eaton is known for heat soak problems under higher boost presures. He is putting forced induction directly into the Eaton with no way of cooling the air first. So now he is putting hot air into a supercharger that is known for heat soak problems. I think he will be very disapointed.

sk8inrj1

Reaction score
There are locomotive engines that are 2 stroke diesel motors with 2 turbos and 2 superchargers.

1 motor: 2 stroke, 2 turbos, 2 superchargers......power.....

Magic

Reaction score
sk8inrj1 said:
There are locomotive engines that are 2 stroke diesel motors with 2 turbos and 2 superchargers.

1 motor: 2 stroke, 2 turbos, 2 superchargers......power.....

different compared to 4 stroke gasoline engine.

IMO, its a waste to put a procharger (which more than likely outflows the Eaton) feeding the Eaton....take the eaton off, get the Procharger sheetmetal upper intake, and pulley up the Procharger.....

9psi 98

Reaction score
Seems like this setup is more restriction and heat than being practical. Not to mention the nightmare of trying to get a belt around all of those pulleys without slipping or causing too much drag. Intercooled turbos feeding a huge blower so it isn't scavenging for air seems to be a better setup to me cause they have different things driving them.

MystiqueCobra

Reaction score
Its Looks F$#$# badass and Its sickly original Cuz I know for shure thats never been done but Without building the short block I dont think that motor is going to be lasting too long and the Eaton will die even faster but still sick

CanaryGT

Reaction score
There is a company that does TT 03 Cobra setups. They EASILY produce 1200 HP.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online