Cobra brakes

Caboose302

Reaction score
Ok ANOTHER cobra brake question..
I picked up a Cobra front brake kit RIDICULOUSLY cheap. Mainly because one side has a stripped bleeder screw. I was just going to use it as a core and save myself $75, but I don't want one side to say "cobra" and the other blank which seems to be what most of the remans are. Is there anywhere that will sell you a caliper that says cobra on it or are they all just hit or miss? Or should I just recap the bleeder and throw a bigger screw on it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I'll give them a try. Only one had the lettering but the picture said "may or may not come with lettering" I guess we'll see when it gets here lol. Thanks.

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
Yeah they're sneaky *****es. I couldn't find the thread but someone was saying they went to all the parts houses and had them bring all of them off the shelf and look through them to find one but none of my local shops have them in stock. May have to swap both of them out so they match. I don't care about it saying "cobra" I just wanted them to match without spending too much money.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
I would just use a die grinder to grind the lettering off of your existing caliper.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Cobra lettering is neat but when you can get a reman that is completely rebuilt for not to much more isn't it pretty easy go decide? I looked for a cheap set of cobra brakes for awhile until I just bought all the stuff I needed new from RockAuto. Couldn't of been easier lol

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I'm having someone look at the bleeder screw to see if they can fix it. If not I'm just going to replace both of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online