cobra front contro arms??

badass98svt

Reaction score
^^^
I had to do that too. 1 15mm bolt on each side of the car, right?

It's funny beacuse we did a buddys 94 GT and there wasn't a bolt in the way. I guess the 5.0/4.6 K members attach differently back there

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, i originally thought it was gonna be an easy job but boy was i wrong.

The hardest part was breaking the Ball Joint loose. My stock ball joint were SEALED and wouldnt break off. I had to Beat that pickle Fork so hard that sparks were flying off.

Suspension work=Bigger Muscles :rollinglaugh:

badass98svt

Reaction score
Did you install new springs/struts/end links too? Shorter end links make a big difference when you lower the car.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
badass98svt said:
Did you install new springs/struts/end links too? Shorter end links make a big difference when you lower the car.

i had already installed Tokico 5 ways Struts and Eibach sportlines before i did the A-Arm install. I also had Shorter Endlinks because i installed my ST Sway bars.

At the same time i did my Termi A-Arm install i also installed a UPR Bumpsteer Kit :thumb:

cntchds

Reaction score
So if you are still running stock wheels there is no reason to switch to Cobra control arms?

badass98svt

Reaction score
When you swap you get better balljoints and bushings.

thorco3

Reaction score
I just had a ball joint going bad... I'm not big on taking things into a shop to have them worked on. I don't know how many times I've installed and removed springs so I didn't think pulling the a-arm would be that big of a deal. I purchased the 03/04 control arms just for the new ball joints... and of course knew they were a slight upgrade over my stockers. I had no problems removing the stockers though. Just a big breaker bar.

Hybridbird

Reaction score
cntchds said:
So if you are still running stock wheels there is no reason to switch to Cobra control arms?

You'll still get the tighter turning radius.

cntchds

Reaction score
That's what I was hoping. Yet another thing to add to the wish list...

g_dogg

Reaction score
if you're gonna change ball joints its not worth it just change the whole a-arm.
the bushings on the 03 cobra a arm are better. good alternative to polyurethane bushings
that get noisy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online