Cobra

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Teksid blocks are NOT ferrari blocks, they are NOT made in the farrari plant. They were CAST by the same plant which ferrari used. Teksid blocks were used in 96-01 cobras. The only other modular 4.6 blocks ford used were Wap's and NVH blocks. Thats it.

I have a 99 Cobra Teksid block for my build and it is difference then my other (early cast 93-4 mark block) teksid sitting on the ground.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Shifty Powers said:
sorry if i said it was made by them.. i knew that wasnt it... but right made by the same plant ferrari used..

yea noob. gtfo if you dont know this shiz. this is a place for experts... like me... and sometimes duffy says something that sounds smart..... n00bs like you belong on the corral...

(LOL)

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
The Teksid Aluminum foundry you speak of is the Carmagnola plant in Turin, Italy. Teksid is owned by FIAT. They have, for many years, produced flawless castings for the likes of Ferarri, Lamborghini, Fiat, Ford, Chrysler, GM and Daewoo just to name a few. C'mon MustangChris! Get it together man!

GT - Former Teksid Alum. CAD Tech. - Dickson, TN plant. Yes, where your cyl. heads were cast & "cubed".

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GDTrumbo said:
The Teksid Aluminum foundry you speak of is the Carmagnola plant in Turin, Italy. Teksid is owned by FIAT. They have, for many years, produced flawless castings for the likes of Ferarri, Lamborghini, Fiat, Ford, Chrysler, GM and Daewoo just to name a few. C'mon MustangChris! Get it together man!

GT - Former Teksid Alum. CAD Tech. - Dickson, TN plant. Yes, where your cyl. heads were cast & "cubed".

you took the words right outa my mouth.... i was gunna say all taht, but didnt want to blow everyone away with my awesomeness.... thanks GT, you pull through once again :-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99