Coilovers Help

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Been trying to do a little research on what I want to do on the front suspension. I think what I'm gonna do is a front coilover setup with the 03-04 Cobra Lower Arms, MM 4bolt CC Plates... Come someone sorta school me on coilovers? I actually have just really started looking at the products today, and the price is a lot lower than what I expected and the install seems like I pretty straight forward deal. How is street riding with coilovers? My goal is a nice street car that will handle on rails and have enough power to be fun whether I'm driving home, on the strip, or possible slinging it around on a road course or auto-x. They seem to be seperated on whether or not you go with Blisteins or Koni/Tokicos. What sort of struts would you guys recommend? I don't want to buy the cheapeast possible, but on the same hand, I don't neccasarily NEED the best either and saving money is ALWAYS a plus. Before I started thinking about doing serious stuff with my car I was just gonna throw on some fox Tokico blues to go with my unknown lowering springs and call it a day, but I'd rather not waste my money on them if they're not going to be replaced anyways when I go to coilovers. What about the rear? Not many people seem to have rear coilovers, are they needed? Or are they more "look at what I have" sorts of things? They seem like they'd be an improvement, but I don't think I've seen a car on here with them. I'm going to be putting in a Torque Arm/ Panhard bar set-up whenever I start digging into the suspension (stockpile parts and them slap them allllll on at once), will that affect my choice on rear coilovers?

Thanks a lot guys for any information yall have. :headbang:

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
I have full MM coilovers with 375lb in the front and 250lb spring in the rear. I went with Sport Valved Bilsteins for the simple reason that I had had them before and was pleased with them. One thing to note is that rear coil overs are very harsh. When I talked to a MM rep at NMRA, he suggested that rear c/o's are really just for a dedicated track car. One plus to rear c/o's is that ride height is adjustable. To be honest, its an expensive setup. About $1600 expensive.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well that knocks out rear coilovers then. My car won't be on the track that often, but when it does, I'd like to be somewhat competitive. I know $1600 isn't cheap by any means, but I really and truely thought that coilovers were ungodly expensive for some reason before I had done any searching through products. Stuff left for the big-leaguers.... but now obviously I'm thinking otherwise.

At this rate, I'm never going to have any money for an iPod. lmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwiz760