Coming Soon, 03/04 Cobra & Bullitt Upholstery

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
im pretty sure the bullitt and 01 cobra seats are the same and terminator and mach1 are the same.
nope, I have sat in a 01 Cobra, no where close, Terminators and Mach 1's are close to Bullitt seats but different in their own ways.

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
Update as of 3/19/2012:

Waylon TMI said:
Hey Guys -

Mach 1 pattern for upholstery and mold for foam is 100% done.
- only catch is: the original Linkweave Insert material is not available, we'll be offering the insert in perforated leather to match the rest of the interior. We'll also be offering this and the Bullitt in other custom interior colors. Meaning, if you have a Med. Parchment GT - you can now get Med. Parchment Bullitt or Mach 1.

BULLITT - will be done today. Keep an eye on CJ Pony Parts as the will be the first to have this upholstery available as the OP provided us with his personal seats. (thanks Steve!). This will be available as original down to the perforated inserts. But can also be done in custom colors/materials.

03/04 Cobra - pattern and foam is done, simply waiting on a material match for the felt like material that is used on the inner lower section of the front buckets. It's a small thing - but we're picky!! These seats will be available 100% as original with the Alcanatara Suede as well as a cheaper option using a reproduction Unisuede. We are also licensed to reproduce the Cobra logo

01 Cobra - have a set coming in, uses the same foam as the Bullitt so we'll only need to pattern the upholstery. Should be done end of April. And YES - you will be able to get 03/04 Suede colors in the 01 Seats :)

Mystic Chrome - we came across the LAST 20 hides of this FORD ORIGINAL material - and will be releasing a VERY limited run of either Front Buckets or Full sets - no ETA on this just yet but it will be widely advertised and covered in Magazines, Facebook, forums, and our website!

No pricing is available even as a ball park on any of the items above - but I'll be sure to post it as soon as I get it.

Please feel free to follow us on Facebook in order to stay up to date on each of these products releases as they happen at the link below:
TMI Classic Automotive Interiors | Facebook

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
nope, I have sat in a 01 Cobra, no where close, Terminators and Mach 1's are close to Bullitt seats but different in their own ways.

Are you saying the actual shape/design of the seat or the way the pattern of the material is on it? I have been planning on getting my 94 gt seats redone because I like the adj bolsters and the lumbar and would like to keep them. Would the mach1 or termi's fit on a 94 gt's seat?

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
Are you saying the actual shape/design of the seat or the way the pattern of the material is on it? I have been planning on getting my 94 gt seats redone because I like the adj bolsters and the lumbar and would like to keep them. Would the mach1 or termi's fit on a 94 gt's seat?
the pattern is different, I have sat in a 01 and do not remember it feeling anything like my Bullitt, but according to Waylon it uses the same foam so I don't know. If you want a say a 03 cobra seat then you just need the foam and upholstery they will work with your 94 seat frame.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so its just the material.. Wonder if that will leave wrinkles in areas then if you take one and put it on the other? I would be willing to try one as long as if it didn't fit right I could return it. The mystic hide has me curious as they do look bad-ass and two days ago I had someon ask if my DFG was a mystic...

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
the 01 cobra and bullitt has to use the same foam, do think ford would make two different foams?
absolutely. Cobra > GT so that would lead me to think better seat quality. Like I said my neighbor had a 01 cobra and his seats felt nothing like mine.

so its just the material.. Wonder if that will leave wrinkles in areas then if you take one and put it on the other? I would be willing to try one as long as if it didn't fit right I could return it. The mystic hide has me curious as they do look bad-ass and two days ago I had someon ask if my DFG was a mystic...
Frames are all the same it's just different foam and upholstery. Once it's on it's yours though. As far as Mystic goes you're going to have a hard time getting that as there are plenty of people barking at the bit to get their hands on that.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah well then if there is the chance that it would not fit tight/right the I will probably stick with my local place making a set. The price will almost cetainly be higher but if it ensures a perfect fit then its worth it.

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
ah well then if there is the chance that it would not fit tight/right the I will probably stick with my local place making a set. The price will almost cetainly be higher but if it ensures a perfect fit then its worth it.
TMI is about as close to OEM as your going to get out there.

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
I repeat, there is NO pricing available yet on these. Got the message my seats are done which means the Bullitt's are done and should be available here at CJ's soon.

Once I get my seats back (I would imagine next week) I will shoot them in and out of the car. So here is my seat in my color combo and then the Bullitt seat in the OE color.

standalone

standalone

silverv6

Reaction score
I need new seats soon and these would be perfect either bullits or cobra seats i really want cobra seats =P

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
yeah I can not wait to get these back in the Bullitt, I was worried about fitment but they look really tight and Waylon said the leather is softer than the OE leather so I am stoked. Once I have them I will shoot them together out of the car and then shoot them in the car and post it up in my build thread. :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
see now when I look at those seats there is no way the 94-95 seats would fit as they are completely different looking. This is not even to say the adjustable bolsters or lumar support alone would make them different but just the general shape I think will leave those years looking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online