Coming Soon, 03/04 Cobra & Bullitt Upholstery

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
see now when I look at those seats there is no way the 94-95 seats would fit as they are completely different looking. This is not even to say the adjustable bolsters or lumar support alone would make them different but just the general shape I think will leave those years looking.
you take your foam off your frame and put the foam and upholstery on your seat frame and bam you now have a 01 Bullitt seat.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
does the mach seats have the adjustable lumbar and bolsters? Sorry so many questions but I have been on the line of recovering mine or getting new seats.

framda

Reaction score
does the mach seats have the adjustable lumbar and bolsters? Sorry so many questions but I have been on the line of recovering mine or getting new seats.

I think that you are right, those covers will not work on yours. Your seats are different due to the lumbar and bolsters. It sounds like your seats are a cross breed of the Fox seats and the 96+ sn seats.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea the 94-96 I thought it was(might only be 94-95) were a little nicer with the adjustable options. Part of me wants to keep them for that reason and part of me wants to drop some weight and get a nice race seat.

This is the only pic of my seat I could find. I know the headrest is different and I am just afraid that the seats are just far enough off that it would be a wrinkled mess.

23954200097_large.jpg

standalone

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea now with the two next to each other you can tell the bottom adj bolsters would not be right. damn, one more option I guess don't have...

but speaking hypothetically: I have considered getting a custom set made and I am ready to pay for them to make them right. If I took the covers off and sent them in could/would your guy make a set and be able to keep the pattern for anyone else that wants them? Just trying to figure out what I can/want to do...

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
I plan on doing it with my Cobra seats once I find a company to do it for me.
Sounds like a road trip to CJPP, just sayin.

No worries. I will consult with Waylon and see what he says.

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
Yall can build my seats in house? Uhh this might take place.
I am pretty sure one of our guys does this, if not its contracted out, but either way we do full restorations so we can get your seats done if you want. I will talk to Bill at lunch time and see how we do it and hit you up.

You guys are awesome.
Thanks man!!

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I am pretty sure one of our guys does this, if not its contracted out, but either way we do full restorations so we can get your seats done if you want. I will talk to Bill at lunch time and see how we do it and hit you up.

I have a feeling this is going to be an expensive trip haha.

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
I have a feeling this is going to be an expensive trip haha.
You'll be alright we'll make up for it with drinks after work lol.

Ok guys talked to Waylon they are 99-04 will have no problem taking on the foam and upholstery, they will be doing testing for the 94-98 cars soon. So once I have a answer I will let you know. Seems I jumped the gun and misunderstood something along the way during the process, that's my bad, but I will get you answers soon.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Alright alright alright - I'm here to take some of the 'heat' off of poor Steve !

Steve has pretty much covered it, but please let me know if you have any questions.

As stated -
Prices have not yet been released.
We're hoping to have these beginning of April. All patterns for Uph. and Foam are done for Mach 1, Bullitt and 03/04 Cobra.
2001 Cobra seats are on their way here - but not patterned Juuuuuuust yet - should be just a few weeks on those.
to settle an earlier question: 03/04 Mach's use different foam than the 03/04 Cobras - it's a small subtle shape difference but for some odd reason - they did it.
01 Bullitt and Cobra share the same foams by all counts i can find - HOWEVER 01 Cobra seats will be arriving here next week and i can report back with more certainty then.

Any other questions let me know!

Waylon Krumrie
Sales Manager
TMI Products
Fox Mustang Interior Division
www.tmiproducts.com

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
steve mentioned the 94-98 seats with the adjustable bolsters but waylon didn't. is there a chance they can make the cut too?

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I feel like the 'man behind the curtain' lol - I'm on a vast number of Mustang forums - but was late to join this one, apologies to the masses :)

TTOC - let me get back to you. My suspicion is it's a 'no' - as the original foam was glued to the upholstery in ALL of the 94-98's - thus giving it a different attachment method than the 99-04 GT's will have. Ford changed their attachment method for 94-98 only - then came back to their senses in 99. Also please note we do manufacture the 94-98 foam and upholstery (leather and vinyl) for the GT's coupe and vert.

I had my guys pull a 94-98 frame down and we're going to see if the Bullitt/Cobra foam will mount up to it - my hypothesis is it will need custom rendering done to it as far as attachment methods go, but that with a knowledgeable shop doing it - that it might be able to work. IF SO - we might be able to do a install PDF or video showing how to make the alterations and make it fit - but please do not hold your breathe for that one. Let me get back to you when i can confirm it one way or another.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the wizard speaks..... Welcome to the forum.

I am in no huge hurry as I have other things to do before that but was just wondering if it could/would happen. I didn't know they wrapped them differently but would it haveto do with the moving parts that are on the 94-98? I too doubt the mach foam will fit compairing the pics from earlier but its worth a try and I appreciate it. I have just been trying to figure out if I go aftermarket seats or recover these so I know where to go in the future, and now I do.

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
Well there you have it guys, the man himself has spoken. you won't find a better guy out there, thanks for clearing it up for us man. Guess that makes it two beers I owe you know lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online