coyote swap??

glockshooter

Reaction score
ok i need some help. i want to do a coyote swap into my 94 gt. i was wondering would it be cheaper to get an f150 motor and swap out the necessary parts to make it work. or would it be cheaper to just buy a plug and play set up. i found a f150 motor for 3k or less. and a plug and play for around 8k i was just thinking by time i buy the parts and gaskets it might be around the same price but im not to sure so if anyone knows more about this any info would be greatly appreciated.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Really depends what you find a good deal on.

I think the f-150 motor is the way to go since its not much different and will be so common. In theory you should be able to get the f-150 motor cheaper and do the bit of upgrading and still come out ahead. But lots of people think I'm crazy.

OP
OP
G

glockshooter

Reaction score
well i know the rods and pistons need to be changed and the cams to lower the compression to get the same hp as a mustang. i was just looking and i think it might be cheaper to just do the plug and play set up but if anyone has any more info on this please let me know

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You have to get the drive by wire module for you pedals. I believe its an expensive pc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online