cracked intake maniflod

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
every individual has their own way of doing things, you have yours I have mine.........so we will have to agree to disagree :) I would get the plates and let the rtv stay on the shelf.

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
People have been doing the PI Intake swap for 3 years now and i have never ever seen or heard of anyone who used the PI head gasket and RTV have a leak. You do understand that the RTV gets dotted in 2 small areas none of which air go through so an air leak is impossible!!! 2 water jackets get slightly dapped in the corner and thats it. RTV does not brake down from water/coolant so failure is not an option. I'm sure there where some people who tried it with the NPI gasket and did hack jobs...but i'm no hack, i give accurate info that i personally know is good or i don't give it at all!

Thats all it takes!!!
See that little spot of black RTV

piintakertv.jpg

Which gaskets do i use the non-PI or the PI? and you only put the rtv on the front passenger side and the rear drivers side right?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
DropTopPony said:
People have been doing the PI Intake swap for 3 years now and i have never ever seen or heard of anyone who used the PI head gasket and RTV have a leak. You do understand that the RTV gets dotted in 2 small areas none of which air go through so an air leak is impossible!!! 2 water jackets get slightly dapped in the corner and thats it. RTV does not brake down from water/coolant so failure is not an option. I'm sure there where some people who tried it with the NPI gasket and did hack jobs...but i'm no hack, i give accurate info that i personally know is good or i don't give it at all!

Thats all it takes!!!
See that little spot of black RTV

piintakertv.jpg

good question since the ports are not the same ::) so the gaskets wont be the same either :p

Which gaskets do i use the non-PI or the PI? and you only put the rtv on the front passenger side and the rear drivers side right?

good question since the prots are not the same and the gakets wont be the same ::)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you use the PI gaskets...if you use the NPI gaskets then you have to use alot of RTV on most of the ports...this is where i think people get the idea that this is difficult and will eventually leak. But with the PI gasket it is minimal....heres pics

piintakertv-2.jpg

piintakertv-1.jpg

rtvonhead.jpg

rtvsquished.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online