Cup Holder

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Okay, so i was reading on the net about our "James Bond cup holders" (you know the one that is in the console lifter armi-thingie) And Then I did some research about putting in the later model console to get rid of my change holder in place for a dual cup holder. Throughout my quest for knowledge I found that I do not need to replace my entire console rather than to remove my change holder and modify the hole. Also it says you can buy the bezel. Now thats my question to you all, how do you modify it and where do i buy this bezel?

S

scarface

I cant remember who, but one of the members here have done this mod.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Interesting, the car in that link looks similar to the 98 consoles. Go for it.

I just got a used 99+ console, it comes with the leather/pleather e brake boot which is nice and bolts right up.

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
Without a kit (if they make one) patience and a dremel is all you need. The easiest way is to find a buddy with a cup holder style console for visual reference and just cut out your console to accept the cup holder part. The only bad part is that the clips that hold the attachment in will not work properly so you will need another way of securing it at the shifter or front part (silicone is nice because it will hold it securely yet allow for removal if needed). I have both a 94 and 98 mustang. There is enough overlay on the cup holder that small mistakes will be covered but patience and time is the key to this.

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
OK guess i should of looked at the links before I replied but yeah thats pretty much dead on. I have used a soldering gun to fuse plastic together before and it works pretty nicely. Just be careful because it will go completely through the plastic rather easy.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Yeah Im excited for this. Its just another summer project for me!

skidude69

Reaction score
I did the swap on my 94 convert, it was really easy and if you can hold the auto adjuster release up on the top of the parking brake (you can see it through the rubber trim on the exposed metal part) you can get the handle all the way up and the console clears a lot better.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:

I just got a used 99+ console, it comes with the leather/pleather e brake boot which is nice and bolts right up.

So does the 99-04 console fit in our 94/98's? I was told it did not & was bummed as I always planned on swapping.

Thanks for the links, I may just do that mod!

S

scarface

Mustanger said:
Eastcoast5.0 said:

So does the 99-04 console fit in our 94/98's? I was told it did not & was bummed as I always planned on swapping.

it fits fine. NOT all 99+ consoles have the ebrake boot though.. Mine does not.

The Green GT

Reaction score
Mustanger said:
Eastcoast5.0 said:

It will fit, just that the black isnt the same color as ours. Its lighter.

S

scarface

The Green GT said:
Mustanger said:
Eastcoast5.0 said:

It will fit, just that the black isnt the same color as ours. Its lighter.
thats because it isnt black :) its grey.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Yeah, Ill be going an getting this part pretty soon so Ill be posing pics on the swap. That is if anyone is interested in seeing it...

S

scarface

CanaryGT said:
Yeah, Ill be going an getting this part pretty soon so Ill be posing pics on the swap. That is if anyone is interested in seeing it...
sure :)

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Mustanger said:

Like others said, it fits perfect. You can pop the change holder out and slide your foglight switch in too, you just gotta reuse your stock folight harness.
Here are some old pics of mine.
Console13.jpg

Console15.jpg

Also, you can buy paint from www.50resto.com and it'll match perfect. It seems that either the 99+ console or cutting the stocker up needs about the same amount of effort, so whitch ever you prefer.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
My only thing is buying the console and shipping it to me has to be a lot more money than just buying one... unless someone here has one I can get my hands on....

Mustanger

Reaction score
I'm gonna buy a 99+ console & spray it black to match! That dye paint works great. Plus I need a boot for the Ebrake handle anyway, my lil duster brush is half gone. Thanks!

1trikgt

Reaction score
I got lucky and found a 99+ center consul and got a couple other little parts from a local u-pick junk yard all for $20, the consuls beige and stained up but I dont care since I entended on sanding and spraying my factory one anyways.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online