custom switch panel?

GT3FC

Reaction score
Any of y'all have a custom switch panel or just a switch setup that looks good? not even necessarily in a panel. If you do would you please put up some pictures? I am trying to figure out how to do my nitrous switches. I saw this the other day on Facebook and I'm thinking about doing the same thing ("the got boost?" panel with the billet buttons) :

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I think you can buy that^ switch panel from one of the users here. Look in the stickies in the 94-95 5.0 Specific group and look at The thread 'Gauge Install' by Paul.

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
I think you can buy that^ switch panel from one of the users here. Look in the stickies in the 94-95 5.0 Specific group and look at The thread 'Gauge Install' by Paul.

The only problem is that I have an 02 GT so I have switches there already so I'm Thinking about moving the three buttons down lower in front of the shifter and then putting a panel like that where the T/C, the defrosters, and the the fogs. and moving those buttons down lower in front of the shifter

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like it overall my only complaint would be the screws sticking out do not go with anything and just make it look like such an after-thought. Its easy enough to make them snap in just like the stock pieces do by modifying an old radio fit-kit.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'll post mine after work it's simple . Shifter bezel has my arm and purge switches and I have a sidewinder shifter ball for arming it. My bottle heater is hooked to the factory fog light switch

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am trying to find an alternative I came across a while back that I am using 2 of in my car. Its a powered relay box that allows you to switch on/off 4 things. There is a small/flat approx. 2" x 2" pad with the switches to turn the things on/off with that goes back to the box that powers everything. you just mount the pad into on the dash and can push the 4 switches, doesn't stick up much at all. I took 2 and flush mounted them into the plate I made to go in my ashtray so they don't stick up at all but they are maybe 1mm thick at the most. I have seen them both at autozone and pep boys but can't seem to find them to give a link

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
I am trying to find an alternative I came across a while back that I am using 2 of in my car. Its a powered relay box that allows you to switch on/off 4 things. There is a small/flat approx. 2" x 2" pad with the switches to turn the things on/off with that goes back to the box that powers everything. you just mount the pad into on the dash and can push the 4 switches, doesn't stick up much at all. I took 2 and flush mounted them into the plate I made to go in my ashtray so they don't stick up at all but they are maybe 1mm thick at the most. I have seen them both at autozone and pep boys but can't seem to find them to give a link

alright ill have to check that out.. I am thinking about moving the T/C switch, the defroster switch, and the fog switch down in front of the shifter that way i would have the space to mount a plate like the one in the picture also i found a website that will custom make engraved billet buttons with the ring light that illuminates on the button. they make both momentary and latching buttons they're expensive though. heres the link i just found it last night while doing some surfing looking around for some ideas:
http://www.autoloc.com/products/buttonbuilder/

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
how much are they charging for the light up rings? I could make them more then likely and switches are not expensive. I have seen it in the electrical section of both areas I think

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
how much are they charging for the light up rings? I could make them more then likely and switches are not expensive. I have seen it in the electrical section of both areas I think

an engraved 16mm button with the light ring is right about $30 from them

Sn95Elite

Reaction score
Hey guys! These are my panels. had a buddy of mine make them, can also have Alan over at Speed of Sound make them also. The screws are beveled in the plate also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.