Decided to play with a new wheel color.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I love my saleens in silver, but I had some gold metalizer left over, like 2 full cans worth lol. Dipped one wheel gold, I did a black base first. I absolutely love the color, it's different and I think it looks great. A shade lighter and it would be perfect, so I'm thinking of getting them powdercoated in the spring. Waddya ladies think?

Sinned83

Reaction score
I like the machined look you had before dood but it's your ride.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I like both options.... Looks really good in plasti-dip tho. If they were mine, I'd leave the dip on instead of making a permanent color change. My preferences change all the time so it's good for me to have reversible decisions lol

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They looked a million times better before. That doesn't even look gold.. it looks olive.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I like both options.... Looks really good in plasti-dip tho. If they were mine, I'd leave the dip on instead of making a permanent color change. My preferences change all the time so it's good for me to have reversible decisions lol

Same here. I'm thinking just dip the other 3 and leave them dipped in case I wanna go back to silvet or another color. I like going against the grain when it comes to my car, ie, dipping my bullitts blue lol.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They do look olivish, on my screen they have a bit of a green to it.

I liked them more before. Gold isn't a bad combo, but I don't think dip belongs on your good set of wheels.
Edit: reread post, yeah go get them powered coated if you like them.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Olive? what the fawk kinda olives do you eat? lol. Pictures don't capture the gold. In person it looks more gold-ish.

olive:

olive.jpg.aspx

gold:

gold-plated-alloy-wheel.jpg

Sorry but that looks olive. No denying it.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Kinda bronze but I really dig it myself. I think the silver on these Saleen wheels looks to pale in sunlight. Nice deep silver would look great

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I like it but I like that it's reversible also. Dip is the shit.

Exactly. That's why I love plastidip. Idgaf if people think it's half assed. It takes skill to get a wheel to look nice using plastidip, I've got it down pat, took awhile. Besides it would cost say 30-40 for a color change vs 125-150+ per wheel for a powdercoat.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
lol doesnt look olive at all. I think the silver saleens make ur car look so clean but gold looks good too. I think you should try a burnt copper type color.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Exactly. That's why I love plastidip. Idgaf if people think it's half assed. It takes skill to get a wheel to look nice using plastidip, I've got it down pat, took awhile. Besides it would cost say 30-40 for a color change vs 125-150+ per wheel for a powdercoat.

yup, people that think it's half assed don't understand the point. and like you said it can be done to look great to the point where nobody would think that it's dip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online