deciding on cai???

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Go with a plastic, I have metal BBK and it doesnt fit 100% plus it gets pretty damn warm which defeats the puropse.
the air passing through the intake tube isnt in there long enough for it to heat up from the heat the pipe absorbs.

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Go with a plastic, I have metal BBK and it doesnt fit 100% plus it gets pretty damn warm which defeats the puropse.

The main power adding effect of a CAI is caused by smoother, less restricted air flow.

Yes, colder conditions do improve power, but that's not exactly the main function of a CAI.

identity_Crisis

Reaction score
94stangr said:
I ran a piece of that $10 dryer vent hosing from the stock fog light whole to where the intake silencer should be.. I noticed rolling gains.. I also have a K&N

I'm waiting to get a cold air when I get a bigger tb and exhaust.

I attached a pic of it so you guys can make fun of how ghetto I am lol
i did the same thing it worked great until i got a great dea on some UD pullys and a CAI
but you have to know what you are after befor buyin or wasting money on a CAI
if you plan on supercharging of turboing the car dont wast the money on the CAI

Greggerex

Reaction score
Heh, yeah I'm glad I only had a cheap eBay CAI, since it pretty much got thrown in the garbage when the blower started to go on.

:hammer:

ck5.0

Reaction score
Pick up that steeda that jpajkos is selling. It is a good CAI. I have a MAC and it works well. I would have gone with the JLT but I didn't want to remove the strut tower brace. Its not a mod that I would recommend breaking the bank for.

ck5.0

Reaction score
Its fine dude. Good choice. I almost went with it for awhile there. I have a conical K&N that was in my stock box that would fit it I could sell if you need it.

OP
OP
W

white98stang

Reaction score
i appreciate it but im just goin to run this for a little while but i do want a K&N because you dont have to change the filter as much but thanks man :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online