Deck Lid Loose?

RufusT

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I have a 1994 Mustang GT that I got a steal of a deal on when I purchased it. The rear deck lid seems to have a bit of play in it and will move up/down with the slightest effort. When driving, I have a clunk sound that I believe is the deck lid bouncing while driving.

does anyone have any thoughts on how to tighten up the deck lid?

Rufus

OP
OP
R

RufusT

Reaction score
I will check that and see if I can adjust it - thanks for the reply!

OP
OP
R

RufusT

Reaction score
I found nothing that I could adjust or slide... any other ideas??

cameron57

Reaction score
Make sure the latch is closed. Put the key in it and turn it how it should be. I have a foxbody that was doing this and it wouldnt shut because the lock is so worn you have to manualy turn it for it to stay shut.

OP
OP
R

RufusT

Reaction score
the latch is closing. it won't open withot the key..

OP
OP
R

RufusT

Reaction score
Hey Everyone -

I'm updating this for those who have a similar problem, to at least provide the solution to my problem and some information. In the rear, after you remove all the trim, the bottom hook that the latch connects to is held on by 4 bolts. If you loosen these bolts, the latch does - in fact - move up and down to allow for adjustment. The adjustment does not fix my problem, as the car apparently had some kind of issue previously, causing the body to break around the latch area. As such, the only real solution will be to weld the broken part of the body. That will eliminate the give that I have and allow the latch to work properly, thereby holding the deck lid firmly.

If your deck lid is loose, inspect this area and see if there is a similar problem.

Rufus

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online