Detailing Product Reviews

teal95gt

Reaction score
I figured it would be a good idea to make a thread where people can chime in and leave feedback on what detailing products they have used and how their experience went using that said product. You can break the product down into sections etc like with compound and shit how easily and well you can work it in, the work time with it and the outcome etc. I will say I just bought Iron-X recently for a wheel cleaner I concentrated it like 20:1 and holy mother of god, it works fkn amazing hands down best wheel cleaner I have ever used it works so well. I followed the Iron-X up wth Auto Finese Mint Wheel Wax/Sealant and probably the best shine I ever had on paint wheels.

Iron-X overall I would give a 9/10 if it did not smell like a hobo's azzhole mixed with an obese man's taint who just walked 5 steps....it was a great product though overall spray it on the wheel in the barrel of it etc let it sit/dwell for about 5 minutes then work it in with a boar hair brush on the face of the rim and in the barrel etc I used a daytona speed brush arsenal then let that sit for another 5 minutes followed by a thorough rinse. I can safely say for the price of 500ml of this and the dillution you can use it at is such an awesome deal. I would only use this on my wheels as an initial cleaner for dirty wheels and the begining of cruising season.

jarhead

Reaction score
All I use at my shop is Crofgate USA!!!! It's a waterless car wash and one of the biggest detail company's at Mustang Week. I'm a rep for then if anyone would like more info or you can go to www.croftgateusa.com

Feeding my toilet and talking zhit phone!!!!

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I used to manage a high end detail shop down in Belmont Shore, Ca. - and I once took a 10 year old black Mercedes clayed it and tapped it off in sections across the hood, roof, and deck lid with 2 inch masking tape. Then I took all the waxes out there, Turtle, Meguirs, Mothers, etc... and did their step by step (if they had one). When I peeled the tape back I had 2 inch sections of the original paint right next to the square sections of the newly waxed portions, each was a good foot squared. And to me, taking the lead by far - was Mothers Wax and their 3-4 step. This was back before they came out with a 'black' wax or a synthetic, but since then I've only used them on my cars. I love their new synthetic blend. I'm hit or miss on wheel/tire shine, whatevers on sale - but as far as compounds, swirl removers, polish and waxes - I go with mothers whenever I can (as it's not always easy to locate their entire line).

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
best site I found for buying detailing products has to be http://autogeek.net they have everything you can think of from every company lol.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
Just off the top of my head...

Good:

Duragloss #111 Clear Coat Polish: Amazing durability and shine at a good price. Arguably the best sealant I've ever used.

Chemical Guy's V Series Compounds: Not great, but good enough. The Menzerna products are better but cost more too.

Chemical Guy's VRP
: Really good for under hoods and on tires.

Meguiar's #26 Yellow Wax: Looks good, decent longevity. One of the better off the shelf waxes available.

Bad:

Chemical Guy's Hexlogic pads: ****ing terrible. Outperformed and outlasted by the much cheaper Lake Country flat pads.

Mother's Back to Black: It just sucks all around. Far better products out these days.

I'll think of some more later.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Griots Garage Machine Polish #1, #2, #3.. All easy to use.. Swirls and scratches gone..
Meguiars Ultimate Compound- Works pretty well, not aggressive enough for working on black paint
Zymol car soap- Works great, paint feels really smooth after
Meguiars calif gold carnauba wax- Easy to put on. Not so easy to remove.. Leaves the car lookinh very glossy and gives my black paint a ton of depth.
BlackMagic TireShine (Gel)- Easy to apply, doesn't splatter all over the paint.. Leaves a high gloss shine for weeks.
Turtle Wax Black Wax- Easy to apply. Makes a mess, you need gloves or your hands will turn black.. Covers swirls and scratches.
Turtle Wax Black Box- You'll be doing it all day. Takes forever but the end results are amazing

All applied by hand or my FLEX Random orbital buffer.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
After trying a few different types last year got a sample at a car show of a wax called P21s. Figured what the hell I would try it out and was flat out amazed how nice it turned out. It doesn't cause any hazing on satin areas, super easy on and off and just an amazing finish. My only complaint is that it doesn't last as long as I would like but it really is so easy to use that I don't mind doing it more often. You can get it on ebay, not too badly priced. The concourse was the free one I got, I later bought the 100% carnuba and been happy with it as well

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Meguiars off the shelf crap: Sucks balls.
Griots Garage: Decent on a white car but lasts a while. Makes it look brighter but doesn't give the craziest shine. Really hard to buff by hand, and dries incredibly fast. Got it for free so its okay.
Adams: So sexy! That shine shine lol

I want to try Collinite but need to get me a porter cable or something.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
After trying a few different types last year got a sample at a car show of a wax called P21s. Figured what the hell I would try it out and was flat out amazed how nice it turned out. It doesn't cause any hazing on satin areas, super easy on and off and just an amazing finish. My only complaint is that it doesn't last as long as I would like but it really is so easy to use that I don't mind doing it more often. You can get it on ebay, not too badly priced. The concourse was the free one I got, I later bought the 100% carnuba and been happy with it as well

Try the S100. Conflicting opinions are abound, but it appears to be the same product as P21S (even the same damn package) and much cheaper.

I've used it before and it's a great "beauty" wax. Doesn't last long though.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Ironx- Awesome at removing iron deposits etc from rims, if you take the wheel off the car and clean it really nice and clay it, it comes out outrageous. I plan on spraying my whole car with it once I get it back after wash and before clay bar. I dilluted it a ton for wheels like 100:1 and it stilled did an awesome job on the said wheels.

Chemical Guy's Diablo Wheel Cleaner Gel-Great wheel cleaner for matainence aspect of things, I would imagine it is lacking when it comes to cleaning soiled and dingy rims. That is where Ironx comes in lol. I really liked using this gel it clings to the rim and allows great dwell time. I dilluted it 3:1 like directions said.

Auto Finese Mint Wheels Wax- It's a wax for wheels (high temps) I use this after cleaning the rims with ironx and it gives some of the nicest shine I have ever seen on a painted rim I have a pic of the Nissan Armada I used it on and it has the silver magnesium paint and it looks really sharp. I rubbed it into the rim and let it dwell there for about an hour while I waxed etc.

Chemical Guys Fabric Cleaner- This did an insane job on the interior of our Nissan Armada lot's of dirt and dingy shit was built up on the gunmetal colored carpet and with grey interiors you can see dirt so easily lol. This stuff did was it was advertised to do and that is clean up carpets and seats etc. It did so with great results and it smells pretty good also.

I have lots of other shit I will add later, it will take me too long to write up on all the products I have used and what I found to work the best etc. I am only going to mention the products I have used that are worth spending money on and seeing results wth the said product.

Gtvert

Reaction score
I use and love Adams polish products. Very helpful on how to use any of their products. I also use croftgate tire shine it works great! They are very helpful company too

Goldmember

Reaction score
Meguiars has always been good with me. Have used many of their products. Currently:

Supreme Shine interior protectant
Spray wax (the one you can spray even when the car is wet)
#26 carnuba wax
NXT2.0 (sucks on durability but easy on/off for quick shine)

Agreed P21S is very good stuff.

Aerospace 303 also worth it for black trim. Be sure to give the trim at least two rubdowns with rubbing alcohol so that the 303 can get down into the pores of the plastic. You might need to treat the plastic more than once with 303 if neglected/faded.

04GTChris

Reaction score
Black Magic Wet Shine soap. Great stuff.
Black Magic Tire Shine(not gel): doesn't last very long and seems to get absorbed into the rubber quickly.
Blue Magic Leather Cleaner/Conditioner: great stuff, lasts a while, makes the leather smell great.
Black Magic interior plastic. This stuff doesn't create a bunch of shine. It cleans and gives a nice muted shine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online