OP
OP
doggiedoc

doggiedoc

Reaction score
And it sounded pretty good
I think whatever you did towards the end
Your problem is there somewhere
Thanks. Hopefully just got something in a bind reinstalling the tranny. Hoping to get back to it this afternoon. Going to start by pull jno the tranny back out and see if can grnnit by hand then.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
That works
When ever drastic changes happen
Always look at the last few steps first
I have learnd that many times

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sucks ya gotta pull it all back out, but it always seems to come apart/go back easier the 2nd time.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Let me tell ya, I dropped the motor/trans/k-frame four times during a two month period hunting down a pretty awful screeching noise. Clearly it was the back half of the drivetrain and I thought I found the culprit the first time I dropped it. Turns out (I'm leaving out a lot of story for the sake of brevity here) that the tip of the input shaft retainer sleeve was just barely kissing the button head of the splined center section on the outer most clutch disc (and I do mean barely because it was only temperature that brought them together). It drove me insane for those couple months. But you can't give up and you can't cut the corner. Better to cry once now than to cry a thousand times later when something goes kablooey.

OP
OP
doggiedoc

doggiedoc

Reaction score
B34A4145-4904-4780-8ABF-7C492930D09A.jpeg

This is my solution to keep the ATF from dripping out of the pinion tail shaft.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if ya need a dial gauge indicator I can send ya mine. I have only used it on my cnc one time since I got it for the trans swap

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Your bearing hath slipped out of the spring metal tines in the backside of the fork. Check to make sure the tear-drop shape in the thin stamped part of the bearing is facing opposite the radiused opening of the fork.

OP
OP
doggiedoc

doggiedoc

Reaction score
Your bearing hath slipped out of the spring metal tines in the backside of the fork. Check to make sure the tear-drop shape in the thin stamped part of the bearing is facing opposite the radiused opening of the fork.
The bearing is oriented correctly - just in the pic it's pushed forward. The problem is quite obvious once you see it.. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott