Dipstick with 5.0 and Ford Motorsport headers - 1994 GT

shovel

Reaction score
I've got a 1994 GT and installed Ford Motorsport headers - the O.G. ones from the 1990s.

That means I need a new dipstick/tube.

So I ordered Ford Racing M6750C303 dipstick tube. Completely unworkable.

1. cannot under any circumstances fully insert it in the skirt of the block. I did not just start turning wrenches yesterday.
2. when in almost the correct position it blocks the spark plug, such that it would be necessary to fully remove the dipstick tube to replace a spark plug.
3. the dipstick handle points straight at the a/c compressor, which means the dipstick has to be bent pretty hard to just get it into or out of the tube.
4. eff everything about trying to live with this

Anyone have any suggestions for another dipstick while I return this junk?

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
About to deal with this myself when the longtubes go on.

I tried using a Fox style dipstick like you currently have and ended up bending it quite a bit to have the bracket almost catch the valve cover bolt. It was not pretty, but it worked for the most part.

My gameplan this go-around if I cant get the stock tube to work is to try the Lokar piece. ED-5004 is the part number, supposedly Summit or Jegs has their "version" which is a rebranded Lokar for cheaper, but I haven't dug too far into it yet. They sit pretty short, the top of the dipstick will usually end up in the middle of some header tubes, so not sure if you'll have issues with the plugs with it as well but might be worth a little googling and looking

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
lokar flex tube dip stick

i have that same dip stick and mine turned out fine
it depends on the headers you get for fitment

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is a shorter spark plug an option? I had a similar problem with a’58 F100 (my 1st resto-mod). Spark plug cap still ended up butted up against the dipstick tube, but it worked fine in the long run with no issues.

…just tossing in options. Who knows, maybe it’ll help! Good luck

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lokar flex tube dip stick

i have that same dip stick and mine turned out fine
it depends on the headers you get for fitment
Yep, worked for me on my ‘64 ChevyII

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
The ford dipstick has issues due to the chrome around the part that inserts into the block. It's too thick. I had to take a sandpaper and remove the chrome here to get it to fit into the block. Pretty common issue from what i've seen. Obviosly between each sanding session I would need to clean the tube to rid it of any metal particles, so it was a bit of a job. Still went in tight.

As for routing, every header is going to be different but i had to bend and poke just to get it to work on my JBA headers. I did this on a stand too and it was a PITA.

IMG_3163.jpeg

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
BBK longtubes and a Lokar flexible dipstick on mine, it worked great. Think I got it for like $60 on summit years ago.

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
BBK longtubes and a Lokar flexible dipstick on mine, it worked great. Think I got it for like $60 on summit years ago.
Did you have any issues with the dipstick handle being too hot to handle sitting between the tubes? That’s the setup I’ll be tossing on, and that’s the only complaint I’ve seen online that has me worried about it.