Disconnecting Battery Starts Car

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Reaction score
Appreciate it PinkyT. I'm happy I at least was able to load the pictures correctly.
Oh yeah, His and Hers!! I know...I'm supposed to be the one driving the Mach1. That's what most peoples reaction is when I tell them the GT is mine.

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Reaction score
OKAY!! I finally felt well enough to go to the Dealer and get a new battery today. So far, it's doing great. Took the GT up and down the Interstate. I do believe, as was mentioned here, the old battery could've had enough power to spin the engine, but may not had enough reserve to turn on everything else, now and then. So, the battery being 5 years old, is something to suspect if you notice a sudden change in the way your car acts, when starting up.

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Reaction score
UPDATE: Alright. It's been two weeks, and my GT starts every time!! I do believe the new Battery was the answer in my case. Thanks goes to 01yellercobra for going the simple route, and suspecting my 5 year old battery for having too weak voltage, letting the engine spin, but not starting issue..Thank you again.DSC00026.JPG

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you ever look for the mach amp in the dash? Because if its still there then it could very well cause this battery to go bad slowly, just slow enough to not be in the warranty period. You do not have to take the dash apart to look for it. If you look on the drivers side where the dash and the floors carpet meet you will see the obd2 harness that everyone tries to check. If you look back behind it towards the radio on the floor you can see the end of the mach amp, and the harnesses that plug into it. It is a silver box with a bunch of holes in it, behind it is the abs or airbag module I that is a light blue so its easy to tell the two apart.

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Reaction score
did you ever look for the mach amp in the dash? Because if its still there then it could very well cause this battery to go bad slowly, just slow enough to not be in the warranty period. You do not have to take the dash apart to look for it. If you look on the drivers side where the dash and the floors carpet meet you will see the obd2 harness that everyone tries to check. If you look back behind it towards the radio on the floor you can see the end of the mach amp, and the harnesses that plug into it. It is a silver box with a bunch of holes in it, behind it is the abs or airbag module I that is a light blue so its easy to tell the two apart.
Thanks ttocs. I'll be checking into the Amp sometime next week, when my back can handle the twisting and turning under the dash.

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Reaction score
Hi there ttocs. I finally got under the dash today, and the Amp Harness is disconnected. That's one reason I liked buying my Mustang new back in '03. YOU KNOW what is done to it over the years. And when I had my Custom CD System installed, I had pros do it,(at the wife's prodding)at a shop that's been around over 25 years. Instead of doing it all myself. I had to admit, it was an involving installation. And I most likely would've bit off more than I could chew.

Attachments

• DSC00188.JPG
    DSC00188.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00425.JPG
    DSC00425.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member