Do headlights flash with key fob activation?

maillemaker

Reaction score
Been so long since I owned a '95 I can't remember anymore how it worked.

When I double-click the LOCK button on the fob, it locks and honks. But there is no headlight flash on lock or unlock. With all my newer vehicles, when you hit a fob key you get a headlight flash.

Did the 1995 Mustangs do a headlight flash? Mine isn't.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the parking lights should flash if it was an original code alarm and the connected the wires. But a LOT of aftermarket keyless entries are installed and depending on if the installer is lazy or the customer didn't pay enough it might not be hooked up. Another option is that there is or should be fuse on the wire that comes from the alarm to the factory wiring that is blown. If you don't see the big box in the trunk on the drivers side behind the trim, then installers generally like to hide them in the drivers side kick panel. Get in there, look for and check all fuses coming off of it.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
the parking lights should flash if it was an original code alarm and the connected the wires. But a LOT of aftermarket keyless entries are installed and depending on if the installer is lazy or the customer didn't pay enough it might not be hooked up. Another option is that there is or should be fuse on the wire that comes from the alarm to the factory wiring that is blown. If you don't see the big box in the trunk on the drivers side behind the trim, then installers generally like to hide them in the drivers side kick panel. Get in there, look for and check all fuses coming off of it.
I'm pretty sure this has factory keyless entry. When I bought the car a month ago, the guy had no fobs. I bought some off of ebay. Jumpered the connector in the trunk and reprogrammed the fobs. They now work fine.

Not sure what you mean by "original code alarm"?

Thanks,

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
the stock alarm was just an rebranded alarm made by code alarm(brand name) which was popular at the time.
Do all mustangs have the alarm? Is the alarm different from keyless entry? How would I know if I have an alarm?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not all of them have it, and some have a little different system that the dealer installed. The alarm that the dealer installed I think was a little better alarm than the one that came from the factory. The factory version was basically just a keyless entry IIRC

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
OK, so does the basic keyless entry flash the headlights?

Guess I'm going to have to pull that trunk liner. It was stuck in there good. You have to remove the full rear panel in order to pull out the side panels. Now that I bought some christmas tree nut pullers maybe it will be easier. I just pulled it away enough to reach in and hit the jumper for programming the fobs.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
I'm not getting a flashing anything. I do get a honk on double-lock.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I really don’t recall my 98 flashing the lights when locked or unlocked. It does honk with the double click, but I don’t think the lights flashed.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
OK, I read the owner's manual (imagine that) and it says that on double-lock they flash. It says the low-beam headlights flash, but they don't, the parking lights flash.

On my modern vehicles, you get a silent flash on single-lock, and a honk on double-lock.

It seems with the 1995 Mustang if you want any kind of visual or audio confirmation you have to double-lock.

Everything seems to be working as it should.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
Mine is also a very faint flash. It's so quick that it's hard to see even at night. Oh well - I guess the tech was new 28 years ago... :)

joemomma

Reaction score
That's got me wanting to check mine now. I rarely double-lock, I typically just hit the lock once. It's so loud you can hear them cycle.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
My 2000 will flash the parking lights quickly and honk on a double-lock. Since 99-04 cars can also run the fog lights with the parking lights, the fog light will also flash if i have them on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online