Do I have an aftermarket MAF?

C.Moser

Reaction score
I'm in the process of taking off my BBK CAI to replace it with a stock air intake and K&N filter and to also take a look at a sticky throttle issue I am having. The stock air intake I bought came with a MAF and it's black in color. The one on my car is silver and does not have any part numbers or anything like that from my initial quick first glance at it. It looks slightly bigger than the black one (I will measure them tonight, I ran out of time last night). I will get some pics if need be, but would anyone be able to tell me if I have an aftermarket MAF on the car just from this lame description? I bought the car from a dealer and they did not know of any aftermarket parts being on the car.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
newer MAFs from ford are plastic and black, older ones are metal and silver.

measure the inside diameter of the housing, as the outside doesnt matter. Also, check for part numbers somewhere... it sounds like you are replacing your 1996-1998 MAF with a 1999+ unit.

I suggest keeping the MAF thats on the car now, using the intake plumbing that you want, and selling the CAI and new MAF as a "package set" on ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online