does any adhesive stick to the intake manifold?

Rocky1996

Reaction score
does any adhesive stick to the
intake manifold?

thanks for any comments
Rocky

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
stick? There is a lot of crap that will stick to it but will it bond to it? Will it last? How long do you want it there? We need more info

OP
OP
R

Rocky1996

Reaction score
ok
I want to modify the inside of the intake.
how do I seal the access hole,
must be permanent

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
If its plastic depending how big the hole is sometimes jB weld is one
I've seen one guy use a fiberglass kit on a hole the size of a silver dollar on plastic if your skills with doing that

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if its plastic I think I would go for a combination of a rivit or two and some epoxy. But give some carefully thought to what your doing because what ever your mounting will be exposed to hot air, vibrations, oil and fumes so its just begging to get ripped off.

OP
OP
R

Rocky1996

Reaction score
4.6L 2v PI intake

I want to get to the inside
I would have to seal it after.
must hold a vacuum.
vibration and heat are issues

is the intake made out of some kind
of teflon?

thanks for all comments!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your just wanting to mount a sensor or a nozzle its not nearly as hard as your making it. slotted maf?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Speak English please!! And by English I mean try explaining what you are actually trying to do. Why do you think you need to get “inside” the intake?!!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im intrigued!
Locked on to whatever the heck youre conjuring.
The place i work makes the ford pi intakes. Perhaps i can give some insite

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The material is PPSU, go look it up, and it has a high fill glass fiber content. And 10 % is considered high fill, all this information is listed on the parts if you know how to read it and you're good with polymer science.
Let OLDFART mans'plain some shit to you :;""?'s
I will keep this simple for the gender confused.
When people say "plastic" they are thinking about what they have seen "melt", this is the first type of material is called thermoplastics, they are melted and formed into a useable shape, they are plastic weldable and heat repairable, maybe glue-able, and can be melted into something new (recyclable) but the material changes a little bit each time so this is why you see "Virgin" listed on parts as a sign of first melt high quality part, think OEM.
Second type is thermoset materials, they look the same but they do not melt into soft flowing goo to be reused. They just turn into a chunk of chared smoldering carbon pile, like an old rubber bushing you're burning out. The material can be formed 1 time and then it is permeant. It can be recycled by shredding and used as a filler in another part, think used tires.
Most of all the parts you see in daily life fall into these 2 types of plastic and how do you tell them apart? The burn test. Get it hot and see what happens, does it melt or does it expand and char? I grew up on the shop floor of my buddies injection molding shop and watched the engineers reverse design some part and the first thing was the burn test when someone brought in something to be copied and with experience they could even tell the exact resin used by the smell, ask BLK54 about this he works in the manifold injection molding job, that smell is burned into his brain.
Now we get to what Ford used and on the manifold, they tell you..PPSU>10GF
PolyPhenoleneSulphoneUrea>10%GlassFillled. I'm boring you now so the short answer is heat will not do it, epoxy will but it will have to be the right type because most are too hard. This will work :
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-Hondabond-08717-1194-applications/dp/B00STVCWYY

Sorry if this is overkill to your question, I am not an engineer. I am a high school drop out addled by drug abuse BUT ..I started a company with 160 employees around the world in cutting edge medical manufacturing by starting out on the shop floor and having an interest in the WHY of things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevBott

Members online