Does this make sense to anyone?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
When i put my hids into my cheap/ugly projector headlights there alot brighter. However, when i put them into my DEPO projector its pretty dim. Both are aimed at the same height, but one is bright as heck. Can anyone seem to figure this out out??

Semi Ugly (depo)-
fd94mt-14237pcx.jpg

Pretty cheap and kind of ugly
1123447140599_LCLHP_MST95JM_APCr.jpg

When i put my hids into the "pretty cheap and kind of ugly" i can see on the garage wall that its brighter.

Both are projectors :/ i thought depo lights was top quality lights ::)

I'll be able to conclude my hypothesis in about 30-40minutes when its pitch black outside. Im driving with driver side with the clear DEPO headlight and passenger side with the cheap black housing projector light. I only have 1 of each brand installed because i would need to cut some of my driver side headlight housing in order to install the other black housing projector onto my car. It would a waste of time cutting/fucking up my car for no reason just to fit the other projector headlight in if this isn't the problem.

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Lol, after coming out of a thread where they were reciting pulp fiction lines primarily between Samuel Jackson and John Travolta, i just imagined you
reading that entire post in a matter of fact smartass bad motherfucker type kinda tone like Samuel Jackson most often used in that movie.

lol.

Interesting thing youre doin here bud! Keep us updated! O0

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
maybe the lense film in the depo lights is darker :dunno:
and remember one cheap projector isn't better then the other since they are both probably made in china. Maybe one day someone will make a set of quality lights for our cars.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Well the front of my car looks like shit./cheap with theses projectors on, but i can see with the hids now. I might sell the depos but im on the search for a good pair of projectors which might take years if i wait like pony said. :mad: :(

Next pair of hids will be 4200 :dancing6: I hate the slight blue look the light gives from inside.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i need some HID's soon.. i dont know when i will do it but ill definitely need help on it. ill come to you and paul for some help on the matter when it comes time. and handz.. just a question though, how can i make the fog lights look the same as the headlights if i do HID's? is there a bulb for them?

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
i need some HID's soon.. i dont know when i will do it but ill definitely need help on it. ill come to you and paul for some help on the matter when it comes time. and handz.. just a question though, how can i make the fog lights look the same as the headlights if i do HID's? is there a bulb for them?

buy the same FOG hids i guess? You could buy the fake hid looking bulbs, but than it would stiill shine far as halogen fogs.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you didnt care for the depot projectors? i think they are the better of all i have seen so far. they are still growing on me, but i am starting to really like them, especially with how much light they put out at night

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
ju015dd said:
you didnt care for the depot projectors? i think they are the better of all i have seen so far. they are still growing on me, but i am starting to really like them, especially with how much light they put out at night

No, i like my depo way better, but the low beam with the hids aren't bright as my other projector headlights for the same reason.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
MY dad just seen the front of my car and asked why my corners stick out so far compared to the light. ROFL, anyone can notice theses lights look like complete shit on a sn95.
Only thing left for me to try is those ugly fugly 1 piece lightss ::)

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Twista said:
MY dad just seen the front of my car and asked why my corners stick out so far compared to the light. ROFL, anyone can notice theses lights look like complete shit on a sn95.

what do you mean the corners stuck out? and i dont know if they look like shit, they just take some getting used too. i have grown fond of the way they look on my car.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Twista, you have been looking at these lights way too long. :boink:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
*angiestars* = GIRL! said:
Red96GT said:

+1 he's headlights jaded lol

Yeah. Every single post I've read lately from his is something about a problem with those dang headlights. :D

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Red96GT said:

its the hids man ;[ If i could run hids in non projector lights i would run them in a heart beat. The point that you have to find a quality pair of projector headlights is a big problem for me. I alread sent $110 on hids and running a pair of projectors with a darker lenses is wasting the money i spent for hids. Till, i find the right pair of lights that look good +shine the correct amount of hid light than im not going to be done. :drunk: My next pair will be theses b/c they look good on his (blown97stanger) laser red car so i know itll look good on mine:
I KNOW ONCE I GET THESES.. IM GOING TO BE DONE WITH MY HEADLIGHT JOURNEY.. THAN IM MOVING ON TO SLP LM1 EXHAUST ;]
NEW13.jpg

NEW10.jpg

NEW5.jpg

NEW4.jpg

ju015dd said:
Twista said:

what do you mean the corners stuck out? and i dont know if they look like shit, they just take some getting used too. i have grown fond of the way they look on my car.

no lol.. i mean the ones i have on now. The hids show correctly through them. My depo lights were pretty dim driving down the street. Heres how my current lights look:
369154715_b3dc47d0a2.jpg

You see.. they look cheap and out of place.
I hate that i got hids b/c im wasting so much money trying to find a good pair of projectors :lol: If i had the skills i would retrofit some projectors into some lightly smoked lights and be set for life.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I have the same ones that Blown97stanger has. They are from UPR.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
I have the same ones that Blown97stanger has. They are from UPR.

He said his cost over $300 ;[ from American muscle.
Where did yours from? I dont see them on upr website.

thanks.

edit: american muscle says:

9005- Low Beams
9006- High beams.

Thats wrong right? I know blue oval said american muscle doesn't know what there saying b/c 9005 is always used for high beams.

Do yours have 9006 lows and 9005 high beam bulbs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online