Don't you just hate it when... **Finished, link to pics on post 224!!

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Don't you just hate it when it's 6:45am, you're heading to work an honest 12 hour shift, listening to some System of a down then BAM!!!!! some dumbass russian woman driver turns into your lane and into you and sends you into a curb and back on the road. Ya, Welcome to my morning. My Mustang was hit bad this morning, I'm obviously 100% NOT at fault and will stand my ground on that, but dang, this SUCKS big time, at least I can drive my new suv now but still :'(. Now because I know people will say pics or ban, here they are sadly, took this in my garage, I have pics of the accident on my Blackberry for back-up evidence if needed.
IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

94 DropTop

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when...

That should buff right out.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

RAAGGGGGEEEE!!!!!

That sucks. I guess I'm super lucky to still ahve not been in anything.

Win

Legend
Reaction score

You had to hit good that Driver front rim and tire look all out of whack.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

was she switching lanes or turning into it? I always try to stay out of peoples blind spots to avoid this, I either get up next to them where they will see me or drop back far enough so they can see me and I am clear. It sucks but it happens to all of us sooner then later.

I would have got out of the car with a bad limp, maybe a bruised liver personally.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

She was turning off a side street onto the main drag, she had a red light. My boss came up to me and work and asked if I was ok, I said "Physically, yes, mentally, god no!" He just laughed :p.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Win said:
You had to hit good that Driver front rim and tire look all out of whack.
Ya, I was going the speed limit which on that stretch is 70kph(45mph I think) and swerved to avoid hitting her car with the front of mine and she still hit me anyways, bouncing me into the curb at around 40mph. I'm going to jack the front end up tomorrow morning and take that wheel off just to see what's bent, Not fixing anything of course, it has to sit in my garage until next wednesday when the Insurance adjuster looks at it.

switch96

Reaction score

That's brutal man. My car is my livelihood. I mean, you have to remember it's just a car. But my car is the only reason I work.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Same here man, I worked my a$$ off at 14 so I could bank the $7k I needed to buy this car and bought it when I was 15, bone stock, and have been upgrading and adding to it ever since. If it ever got totaled, I'd probably die quite a bit inside, this car is part of who I am now :(.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score

Well to every negative situation there is a positive... In this case, although your car did get messed up, 1. At least she stopped
and you got her info as apposed to a hit-and-run.. 2. You're not physically injured. 3. If you can find a deal on parts, you
can actually pocket a little of the insurance check, although those rear quarter panels are not cheap.

bottlefed97

Reaction score

Sorry to hear about this bud :/ I hope you're able to get her repaired and the insurance will cover most of it!

Mustang Mark

Reaction score

damn that sucks :( hope you get it fixed soon

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Well I took the wheel off, the wheel itself looks bad, might be bent, I HOPE they can fix it, if not I need to get refunded for 4 new wheels because AFS discontinued the black faced termy wheels I have :(. Other than the rim, the only other suspension damage on that drivers corner is the strut is bent, and sway bar end links moved about half an inch. September 1st is the appraisal, so I won't know anything until then. IF they total it, which everyone doubts, I will buy it back and fix it up. IF they don't total it(more than likely option), I will look at getting the whole car repainted and FINALLY getting my S281 spoiler, this is if my money permits. I want to race 1 last time before the track closes(Sept. 26th) but I doubt that will happen :(.

Side note, my neck is a LITTLE stiff this morning, not too bad since I'm only 18 it isn't bothering me that much, but if it gets worse I might get it checked out. I did get slammed into that curb hard lol.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score

get it checked out asap brother ....youll have more grounds for a claim the sooner you get it checked out...

good luck man

there are places that can refub wheels just google it ...idk about in americas hat though

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

D3VST8R96GT said:
get it checked out asap brother ....youll have more grounds for a claim the sooner you get it checked out...

good luck man

there are places that can refub wheels just google it ...idk about in americas hat though
We have those places too, and the we went to the insurance place last night, they said as long as I don't drive it, it will be fine. The earliest I could get in was Wednesday for the appraisal, but the claim is filed against the woman and the insurance guy said I will more than likely be awarded the fix for free since it sounds like she is 100% at fault...

infamous209

Reaction score

GO TO THE CHIROPRACTOR AND A MEDICAL DR! You have a claim trust me a little pain today in your neck can be a lot more than you think. Insurance will cover it and trust me it will be worth it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online