Don't you just hate it when... **Finished, link to pics on post 224!!

Gallows

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 27**

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I had someone cut me off with the Cobra last month. He admitted fault, the town manager witnessed it and the cops had it on video. I got a new Ford front bumper cover and pass. fender and the rest was able to be fixed without fill. Stand your ground and get checked out by a doctor if you haven't done so already.

infamous209

Reaction score

ball is completely in your court, I went to my insurance when i was in my not at fault accident and they offered me 2500 and i keep the truck, then i went to person at faults insurance and they gave me 4100 and i kept the truck. Her insurance wants to get rid of you and make you as happy as possible. definitely keep track of all your expenses due to this accident and go to a dr and chiropractor

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Uhmmm when insurance is regulated through a crown corp. as it is in my province, we have the exact same insurance :p. There is 1 car insurance place in my province and it's government run, just the way it goes. The good part about this, I at least get some wheel time behind my new Escape which is nice, but it's really weird to A) being driving an automatic, even my old exploder was a stick and B) driving a quiet, normal, non-attention grabbing car. After driving a loud bright yellow stang, you get used to people always looking at your car lol.

ryclef331

Reaction score

i know your wierdo canucks have a currency difference but i fail to see how the hell it costs 6100 bucks to put a whole new front suspension one that car. whats labor there? 1,000 an hour at 5 hours of work? i'd do that job in a day then send it off to paint and body. i see a max of 3 grand in damage there

94BlackStallion

Reaction score

that sucks man. i hope ya keep it. good sentimental value in my opinion.

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score

His quarter panel needs to be fixed also. I believe they can get around that without replacing it but I do agree that the price of repair is a bit high....even if you convert to USD

infamous209

Reaction score

ouch im sorry to hear that your government is got their fingers in everything! good luck

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 47**

New Update, THE Letter came today that I feared, my Mustang is now a Total Loss car :crybaby2: :crybaby2: I will be buying it back, but apparently I can appeal it with all the bills I have for the car (engine swap, rebuilt tranny etc etc). Bad news though, the insurance company might not let me buy the car back(they want to cash in on my expense). Needless to say, I have the car still in my possession, if they won't let me keep it, I'm ripping my engine, tranny, seats, and wheels off the car, they can go and f*** themselves if they want to play stupid games.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

$6350 is what they would give me, no way in hell am I getting rid of my baby for that little!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

man that blows. I hate dealing with insurance, I would play hardball too.

snoball

Reaction score

If they play games, start taking everything off you can. But there is no legal way for them to not let you buy it back, you have to sign the title over.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

OnyxCobra said:
man that blows. I hate dealing with insurance, I would play hardball too.

+1

I f'in HATE insurance.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

I don't have a cheque yet for it. My dad dropped off all the bills to the adjuster for my claim today(I worked today and work tomorrow as well) and I will hear more tomorrow. I really hope my bills convince them to fix it, if not, this will be a major PITA to get done. And the reason why parts are so high is because all parts are discontinued and need to be specially ordered in, things aren't cheap in Canada sadly.

snoball

Reaction score

This kind of convincing me to send my car to Canada to sell. Id be happy with 6500. lol

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Snoball said:
This kind of convincing me to send my car to Canada to sell. Id be happy with 6500. lol
Considering I just rebuilt the tranny/engine/steering last winter, I am NOT happy with that money at all :p.

snoball

Reaction score

Oh I meant for my car.. I know you definately wont be happy. Shoulda worded my post better. lol

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 58**

Insurance just called me, the upgrades bumped the cars value from $6350 to $9000, they are fixing it!!!! So in other words, my car will not get totaled! I will have to talk with my bodyshop manager today about it, I'm actually going right now and might have the car in the shop by the afternoon :). SOOOO happy about this!

Gallows

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 58**

Glad to hear you are getting it fixed. Did you decide on wheels yet?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online