Door "bump" trim removal?

joemomma

Reaction score
This has probably been covered, but I'm looking for pics of SN with the door "bump guard" trim removed. Mine has the trim, and I'm thinking it would look "better" with that removed before I go in for paint. Thoughts/suggestions/pics appreciated!

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
I think I'll just pull it off with my heat gun and go from there. Pretty sure it looks cleaner.

07GtS197

Reaction score
The strip on the outside of the door? I didn’t know any sn95 had them, I’ve seen them on new edges though. I say trash them.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Yeah, seems like it not common at all. I finally found some pictures that show it removed, looks much better.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Posted this in my build thread too, but in case someone else stumbles upon this page:

Finally got around to removing the door trim last night. It wasn't a bad job, despite the lack of tools. There's still some adhesive on there I couldn't get off. All of my garage stuff is packed away at the storage building for the upcoming move, so all I had was a hair dryer and the "flat" attachment on the end of the hair dryer itself.

Door trim removed:
RjLo4QL.jpg

You can see the (I'm assuming) factory color below. It appears they didn't remove the trim for the repaint.
toa84D9.jpg

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Yeah it wasn't a very good job honestly (10' at best). Lots of orange peel and some trash in it here and there. And they did a shitty job taping.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
I've got those bump things on mine - 1994 Vert. They are peeling loose slightly at the ends - not sure of the best way to stick them back as I don't want the messy goo left on there if I try to peel them off...

TMW

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Def looks better without, but mine is kind of ugly at the moment with some paint marks and leftover adhesive. All my detailing/cleaning stuff is in storage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online