Door latch problem

Tommy92

Reaction score
Does anyone know what material is on the body where the door latch is? When I bought my car the metal or fiberglass was broken and the latch wasn't secure making my door shake a bit when I drove. I'd like to see my options on this repair.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The door is made of steel.
If the latch was loose long enough to wear out the mounting holes, the best and easiest fix would be to replace the door.
If the door is just loose then try to loosen the striker post and move it inward about 1/4"-1/2". then retighten.

Also how are the door hinges. I just replaced both my lowers because I was getting a double thunk when I closed the doors. Just open the door about a foot then lift.
All the hinges are the same. the only diffenence is the lower on each side and it has the roll lock

OP
OP
T

Tommy92

Reaction score
The door is made of steel.
If the latch was loose long enough to wear out the mounting holes, the best and easiest fix would be to replace the door.
If the door is just loose then try to loosen the striker post and move it inward about 1/4"-1/2". then retighten.

Also how are the door hinges. I just replaced both my lowers because I was getting a double thunk when I closed the doors. Just open the door about a foot then lift.
All the hinges are the same. the only diffenence is the lower on each side and it has the roll lock

My door latch is fine, the thing that catches the door latch (idk the name) is loose because there is a crack around it.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's sometime called the door post
It's metal there too.
If you know someone that's good at MIG welding... But there's no guarantee that it won't crack somewhere else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible

Staff online

Members online