double din touch screen head unit

xs man 27

Reaction score
im looking to ditch my stock ford radio and wanna have a clean touchscreen head unit in place. has anybody replaced there two single din stock ford radios and ditch both of them and install a double din touch screen dvd/gps head unit before ? anyone have any pics of there head unit installs and how was the install and do i need anything specific if i have the mach stock sound system ? thanks again ..

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
do it! i want one too, lol. gotta do a little fab on the bezel but easy. this isnt mine but this is sick!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its not hard. You can swap in a new edge center bezel to make it easy and there is only a little trimming needed on the under dash. Otherwise if you want something custom well there is no end to what you can do there.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
dash.jpg

alex302

Reaction score
Yea its not hard I did the bezel but put a 7" tablet just to be different and put my head unit in the glove box.

207082E8-7524-4D8A-8F88-210BB3CBD93C-1477-0000023A1A934E0E.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
^i have a pioneer double din touchscreen in my grand am thats worth more than the car is. my kenwood is a flipout touchscreen but annoys me becuase of blocking all the knobs, and if i had it in the bottom slot it would surely get smashed going into 1,3,5 lol... you may have inspired me here to get an 01+ style bezel. didnt know they lined up the exact same way. i swapped bezels in my grand am to be able to put in the touchscreen and ran into many problems and its currently held on with gorilla tape lol

curious to see what route you take!!

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
haha way to show him whats up Scott^^

nice write up man im sure i can find a way around the dead buttons tho and make them functional. at least the trac button. other 2 i can do something wild with

sn95 bullitt

Reaction score
haha way to show him whats up Scott^^

nice write up man im sure i can find a way around the dead buttons tho and make them functional. at least the trac button. other 2 i can do something wild with

One guy made a blank one in to a usb port for his ipod to plug in.

I got my blanks of lmr $10 each. I dint not have to cut them. I think his ghetto 2 by was in the way. Lol

Also just found this one

http://sn95forums.com/showthread.ph...d-install.............94-GT-bezel-swap-inside

I think he has to much metal and not enough ventilation. Just my 2cents.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/270632-my-new-mod-ford-6-disc-cd-changer.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/555547-custom-dash-fit-double-din-receiver.html

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
god I forgot about the 2 x 4... Its funny what some people will post with pride in getting the job done. I remember when I worked as an installer those were the same guys saying we should hire them they do all their friends systems. Never worked in a shop that had 2 x 4s though....

daracboy82

Reaction score
I just purchased a new edge radio bezel from and member on here. I plan on doing the swap once I get up enough dough to buy a dd headunit...

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
what year edge bezel do i need to look for ? i m looking for bezels for 01-04 mustang but i cant find any black ones, all dark grey charcoal ( i believe that is there black version for those years but may be wrong ) thanks again.. that one link to that website on the DIY looked easy and real nice..

sn95 bullitt

Reaction score
what year edge bezel do i need to look for ? i m looking for bezels for 01-04 mustang but i cant find any black ones, all dark grey charcoal ( i believe that is there black version for those years but may be wrong ) thanks again.. that one link to that website on the DIY looked easy and real nice..

No black. They all come charcoal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online