Drivers Window Won't Lower

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Hi all,

As per the subject, the drivers-side window has decided today that it doesn't want go to down any more. The other 3x are fine.

When I push the window button to the down position there is a "click" from inside the door as if something is trying to engage and the same when pressing the up but there's no movement at all :-( .

Anyone got any ideas of a good place to start trying to figure out what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and the car for those who don't know is a 1994 V6 Convertible.

Regards

TMW

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds like the motor is locked up. It does not take long to take the door panel off to be sure that it is the motor and not the switch/wiring.

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Cheers.

Can the motor be "freed" or does it have to be replaced?

Actually, thinking about it now you've mentioned that, I had this year's ago in my first one. I found something on-line that said if you bash the door in the area of the motor it frees it and all works again. I recall doing that and my window did indeed ping back to life.

Will give it a go tomorrow and see what happens...

Regards

TMW

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have seen where there is a bushing or something plastic that falls apart in it and that can be easily replaced. I am sorry I don't have the details on it as its one of the few things I have not done on the car yet. Hopefully someone else that has done that repair can chime in.

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
I fear I won't get to look at this properly until next weekend now, alas...

TMW

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Well, I got out there today when there wasn't any rain, took the door card off, bashed the motor and I have a working window once more.

Can't believe I forgot that when I had to do it to my old one once every couple of years...

TMW

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Problem is, over here it's not that easy to find them....

3 minutes to get the door card off, 30 seconds to bash, door card back on, done.

TMW