Drove a 2016 GT Performance Pack.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
So my buddy comes by with the new whip.. Fully loaded, every single option under the sun, performance pack, stick 16' GT. Tosses me the keys and says have fun. Let me start off by saying the ammenities offered in the interior are that of an expensive luxury car. Absolutely blown away. The clutch is super soft, and the shifter is great for a stocker. Overall it's a very impressive vehicle. I fell in love with it and never stopped smiling the whole time. He let me get on it a few times, and lemme tell ya... Triple digits come up real quick. And those Brembos will snap your neck. I'm still speechless over it. Thought I'd share with youse. I'll be on the hunt for a 15' GT within the year. He put a Corsa Extreme Catback on it, and it sounded so ****ing good. The car is just tits.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
It has the amentities of a luxury car? It's because you drive a car that's over 20yrs old, you're just not used to seeing options like that.

It's 2016, the shit that comes in cars now is just stuff you aren't used to seeing. It's an optioned out GT too, so of course it seems crazy.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
It has the amentities of a luxury car? It's because you drive a car that's over 20yrs old, you're just not used to seeing options like that.

It's 2016, the shit that comes in cars now is just stuff you aren't used to seeing. It's an optioned out GT too, so of course it seems crazy.

Well yeah that's what I meant. And comfort wise, way more comfortable than any Benz my mom has had. But yeah it's just a huge wake up call into the new features and whatnot I guess.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Meh. I guess if you want a car that literally everyone and their mother has, then fine. I debated really hard on a 15' GT PP and 50 year anniversary. Ended up realizing that I dont like car payments and that the mach feels much more raw and like a muscle car.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Meh. I guess if you want a car that literally everyone and their mother has, then fine. I debated really hard on a 15' GT PP and 50 year anniversary. Ended up realizing that I dont like car payments and that the mach feels much more raw and like a muscle car.

Over here 75% are V6's, 20% ecoboosts and 5% 5.0s honestly. Not common here at all. I will agree that the Mach and 95 feel way more raw and violent, this is refined. I just really enjoyed it. Its a hell of a car. Tired of old ass cars honestly lol.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Here's my take. There's nothing like the sn95 class of cars! In stock form there isn't really anything special about them except if you have something exclusive like Cobra R, Saleen, or Roush derivatives. There old enough to be a PITA but will put a smile on your face when everything is in tip top shape.

I agree with Cpotts13, these cars are really refined (15+ Mustangs) BUT your going to blend in with everyone and give up your uniqueness card real quick because so many of them on are on the road. I find it funny that people are modding them to the point where they are becoming less refined. This body style mustang IMO is perfect daily driver. I can't sacrifice giving up performance potential of 3300lb mustang vs 3800lb mustang taking its place. My priorities would have to change drastically to let go my SN95 but in my heart I cant lol. I am the type of guy that wants my cake and eat it too so I would have to have both.

I am going to keep on refining the chassis of my SN95 until it becomes the dream I envisioned, until then if I land on a lot of money I would get 15+ Mustang in a heartbeat and still have SN95. I guess thats how hardcore I am. I owned the car since 2005 so yeah im tough as nails when it comes to owning this car, im not easily swayed.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Here's my take. There's nothing like the sn95 class of cars! In stock form there isn't really anything special about them except if you have something exclusive like Cobra R, Saleen, or Roush derivatives. There old enough to be a PITA but will put a smile on your face when everything is in tip top shape.

I agree with Cpotts13, these cars are really refined (15+ Mustangs) BUT your going to blend in with everyone and give up your uniqueness card real quick because so many of them on are on the road. I find it funny that people are modding them to the point where they are becoming less refined. This body style mustang IMO is perfect daily driver. I can't sacrifice giving up performance potential of 3300lb mustang vs 3800lb mustang taking its place. My priorities would have to change drastically to let go my SN95 but in my heart I cant lol. I am the type of guy that wants my cake and eat it too so I would have to have both.

I am going to keep on refining the chassis of my SN95 until it becomes the dream I envisioned, until then if I land on a lot of money I would get 15+ Mustang in a heartbeat and still have SN95. I guess thats how hardcore I am. I owned the car since 2005 so yeah im tough as nails when it comes to owning this car, im not easily swayed.

Spot on man! Absolutely no need to ditch the sn95 for an s550!

Heres my take.

I will NEVER let go of my sn95. - After i settle into the new house in the near future then I will complete my sn95 build and also finance a new lightning blue gt350R. I will drive them both every week till snow comes. The end :)

Reaction score
I will ... [get] .. a new lightning blue gt350[R]... The end :)

b3f.gif

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Spot on man! Absolutely no need to ditch the sn95 for an s550!

Heres my take.

I will NEVER let go of my sn95. - After i settle into the new house in the near future then I will complete my sn95 build and also finance a new lightning blue gt350R. I will drive them both every week till snow comes. The end :)

Haha! This...

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
If I had the money I still wouldn't. In the realm of new mustangs it'd have to be gt500/roush/gt350 for me to deem worthy enough to buy. To get a loaded track pack GT is like, ok cool if you can afford it that's great. I'd need something a little more raw for something that new.

Tha trap house.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
this latest generation is the first one out of the box that I liked as much as the sn95 when it came out.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
We are definitely a nit picky type of community! I think a lot of my car choices reflect on how I feel inside the cockpit. I am only 5'7 so sitting in cars that are plus sizes these days makes me feel small. I like size of the sn95 mustang a lot.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If I had the money I still wouldn't. In the realm of new mustangs it'd have to be gt500/roush/gt350 for me to deem worthy enough to buy. To get a loaded track pack GT is like, ok cool if you can afford it that's great. I'd need something a little more raw for something that new.

Tha trap house.

I <3 my track pack :(

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't sell my 95! Never could part ways with it.. it's still my first car, I've had it since I was 16, and I'm 20 now. But lets be realistic here ladies, a slammed and cammed 21 year old Mustang isn't exactly the ideal daily driver.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I wouldn't sell my 95! Never could part ways with it.. it's still my first car, I've had it since I was 16, and I'm 20 now. But lets be realistic here ladies, a slammed and cammed 21 year old Mustang isn't exactly the ideal daily driver.

This is why I have multiple cars. I've owned mine since 05 and what I learned on this journey is that you need to have old and new to balance the equation. Now that my daily driver is getting old, im going to be saving up for a new daily in next few years. Its really hard to drive a modded car everyday, the more mods we do the less it comes daily driver friendly.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm too cheap to drop 40k+ on a Mustang GT. If I am buying a new Mustang, most likely its a GT350 or i'll look for a Boss from a few years back.

Reaction score
I was just at the Ford dealership near me and they had a 2016 tech pack gt350. Mark up sticker price was 83k. And a 12/13 boss will run from 30-38k most times. I've seen multiple 12s here in the bay for sale for like 30/32. I personally want and will get a gt350r, just a matter of time. I honestly wouldn't wanna buy a 10/14 Mustang because to me they seem dated. 05/09 is dated yes but you know that because it's an old car. But the interior is the same more or less from 05 to 14 and that's what annoys me. The 15/16 is new yeah but it's very modern which I love. And for the 04 and older mustangs yea sure they're dated but they're super simple which is also what I love about them. So to me it's either old technology or brand new technology since the middle ground between them seems too experimental for me. It's like they wanted to make something great, but their vision wasn't there

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
I think a lot of my car choices reflect on how I feel inside the cockpit. I am only 5'7 so sitting in cars that are plus sizes these days makes me feel small. I like size of the sn95 mustang a lot.

Couldn't agree more with this. I'm 5'8 and any s197 i drive i feel like i'm driving a boat, GT or not. Hate that feeling.

I <3 my track pack :(

You got money.

I'm too cheap to drop 40k+ on a Mustang GT. If I am buying a new Mustang, most likely its a GT350 or i'll look for a Boss from a few years back.

Mostly agree with this statement. ^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online