Dyno baseline numbers(Final numbers results are in!)

dutman98

Reaction score
Well I took my car in today to get a baseline before I get my PI swap goodies. 167hp is what we come up with. This is the first time the cars been on the dyno. No tune just put the car up on there after a 1 1/2 hour trip and ran it. Only mods are full Exhaust. I was hoping for at least 190 but it is what it is. The dyno was a superflow. My tuner said it reads true numbers and its more like a mustang dyno. He showed me what my numbers would of been on a dynojet. It was something like 176hp. Parts to be put on are full PI swap with ported pi heads and stage 2 cams, 24lbs injectors and new sparkplugs (haven't been changed since I owned the car) I also picked up some more bolt ons. Steeda udps, jlt rai, and 78mm tb/plenum.
Picture.jpg

Picture003.jpg

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Re: Got some Dyno baseline numbers....

good place to start buddy, that auto sucks some power from ya but good place to start and keep tract of everything, youll be happy after your swap

navarro98gt

Reaction score

I wish I did a baseline dyno before I started moding.

A higher stall torque converter and tune are a must with an auto. Car looks great.

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score

Im pretty excited cant wait to get this thing all done. :headbang: Someday Im going to add a stall. I figure when I swap the k member out for a tubular one I can pull the tranny and put one in there. Is the J mod in the valve body or inside the tranny? Is the j mod an easy thing to do?

navarro98gt

Reaction score

dutman98 said:
Im pretty excited cant wait to get this thing all done. :headbang:

Make sure to post after numbers. I'd like to see how those MHS cams do.

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score

I will post numbers when done. :thumbsup:

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score

Wow, what a slug the auto is in stock form. Time to build it.

S

silver 4.6

wow, i wasnt thinking even with an auto these cars were that low :( will outdo my 5 spd after your swap though :) good luck

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score

Stock, yes...but when the car starts making power dont let the auto fool you.

I can show you auto cars making 350 rwhp running 10s yet similar 350 rwhp manual guys would be lucky to run any better than high 12s

IceMan

Reaction score

Good looking car... I like it...

adrift

Reaction score

Been following your threads a bit. If you don't mind saying, how much did that PI swap package cost you all things considered? Got it from Modularheadshop, correct? Are you going to do the swap yourself or are you having someone do it for you?

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score

I got the PI swap kit from MHS. Nick, the owner was pretty helpful and I think he gave me a hell of a deal on everything I needed to complete the swap. I had him install the rockers and springs. I had him put the cams in the head with cam gears. I also got my intake valves modified for the cams. Had the second cooling sensor tapped on the intake. He had some 24lbs injectors and the adapters that he also included. I spent $2,300 on everything shipped to the door. As far as the installation goes, I usually have my buddy that is a mechanic help me out. He has to much other stuff going on and I don't feel comfortable enough to tackle a job by myself. So I'm going to have the same shop with the dyno fix me up.

adrift

Reaction score

dutman98 said:
I got the PI swap kit from MHS. Nick, the owner was pretty helpful and I think he gave me a hell of a deal on everything I needed to complete the swap. I had him install the rockers and springs. I had him put the cams in the head with cam gears. I also got my intake valves modified for the cams. Had the second cooling sensor tapped on the intake. He had some 24lbs injectors and the adapters that he also included. I spent $2,300 on everything shipped to the door. As far as the installation goes, I usually have my buddy that is a mechanic help me out. He has to much other stuff going on and I don't feel comfortable enough to tackle a job by myself. So I'm going to have the same shop with the dyno fix me up.

Nice! Thanks for taking the time to fill in the details. Look forward to seeing how things turn out.

Sigh... So much to do so little money.

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score

Yep not a problem. Gotta pay to play

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score

You'll be happy with that setup, get a stall when you can and the car will really start to rock even more!!!

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score

Yeah I wanted to do a stall and tranny cooler but ran out of funds. Diffently high on the list of things to come. Car will be done in a week or so!!!

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
Re:pi swap finished new numbers!!!

Just got back from the shop. I would say I was a little disappointed I think my numbers are a little low. I did gain 81hp and 27trq from the swap. Torque seems low? Tests were done on a superflow dyno that is similar to a mustang dyno. It read out dyno jet numbers too. My baseline dynojet numbers were 173hp and now is 259hp after the swap. Heres some graphs.
020.jpg

Baseline and after swap
019.jpg

air fuel all the way on the right
021.jpg

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
Ok after looking at other dyno's I come to realize something isnt right. I only pulled 240trq and the npi guys are pulling more torque than me? Any ideas?

Cruizin GT

Reaction score
Send that info to Nick, he might be able to figure it out. I assume they tuned it ? But those are really low.

bottlefed97

Reaction score
With stage III cams, ported heads, P.I. goodies, and full bolt ons my car only made 277/299 on a Mustang Dyno.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online